Went Skydiving yesterday! (Video)

KingSmono

Enlightened
Great video. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, I think you are crazy! :)

Daniel
Hehe, that sentiment is shared with pretty much all of my family, and everyone I work with!

Man, first I have to say that was a kick *** video, in terms of capturing before, during, after....and some really amazing scenes like exiting the plane. They knew what they were doing. I loved that panic-smile while still in the plane....exactly what I would have looked like. Thanks for sharing that experience & video.
Thanks! I totally agree that they did a great job capturing the mood of the pre/during/post jump. I was so surprised, because it was edited and in my hands no more than 15 mins after we touched down. The movie is over 7 minutes long, so either he didn't watch it after he was done editing, or he edited it in like 5 minutes (snipped-scenes, added effects/music, etc), and only watched it once. Very impressive!

Cool vid and some memories of a couple static line jumps with a 32' double L back in c1970 from 2900'. I asked the guy who packed my chute how long I would have to deploy the reserve in the event of a total malf. His reply: "The rest of your life." :crackup: There was a radio receiver strapped on the top of the reserve, and they talked you down. "Jumper turn left." Why do I want to turn left- I'm headed for the bullseye? Second jump the radio didn't work, but I watched that windsock the whole way down! :D

Larry
LOL! :crackup: See, you guys are the crazy-ones... definitely not me. I went down with an instructor, who I'm pretty sure didn't want to die. (It would've SUCKED if he did!) And we had PLENTY of time to deploy the reserve if there was a malfunction with the primary.

Side note: someone was telling me that reserve chutes can only be packed by a "master rigger"... not by the guy I jumped with. That made me feel a little better too... because if my guy didn't know how to pack a parachute, at least I knew a pro packed the reserve!

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tandem isn't without risk. The owner of Drop Zone Paso Robles was killed, with a customer, on a tandem jump when he failed to deploy either parachute. Another tandem master out of Paso was seriously hurt and his customer killed during a bad landing.

Skydiving isn't as safe as skydivers claim it to be. It's a high risk activity, but the risk can be lowered, or raised, based on choices made by the individual jumper. Things that help are helmets and automatic activation devices and not trying to swoop the landing. Last time I looked at the stats, 50% of all fatalities were from swooping attempts. The only swoop I ever saw was my day at Deland, and it was awesome to watch, but dangerous.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Congrats King, I've been twice myself and wish I could go more...lol. Man..what a feeling!!! :cool: