Went to gun show yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
Went looking for a .380 to carry, but with my recent flashlight fix, I had to notice all the tactical booths with their flashlights. I must say it was a joke. The best lights there were some Streamlight Pro Tacs, but other than that, just junk.

One guy with dozens of lights in his booth talking about "the new T6 LED" with 100,000 hours and batteries with 1000 charge cycles and 500 lumen zoomable. I had my Zebralight SC62 in my pocket and I had to chuckle.

I did get introduced to the flashlight/stun gun combo, that was downright scary. I can imagine EDC that thing and electrocuting myself.

GaryM

Newly Enlightened
The shows I usually go to have those too. But there's always a fellow I know who has cases full of Nitecore lights as well. I usually find something new to take hone.

NY09C6

Newly Enlightened
The flashlight selection at gun shows is usually junk.

What did you end up with for your 380?

I'm not a big fan of 380 pocket guns but I do have a Khar P380 for the few times a year I need it. It runs flawlessly and has a nice trigger break.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to know. I figured there would at least be some dealers trying to move their older Surefire stock.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
The flashlight selection at gun shows is usually junk.

What did you end up with for your 380?

I'm not a big fan of 380 pocket guns but I do have a Khar P380 for the few times a year I need it. It runs flawlessly and has a nice trigger break.

Well, I couldn't pull the trigger on anything. :) I'm left handed, so was looking for something with an ambidextrous safety. Walther is too big for me, I like Kimber, but way too $$$ for a pocket gun. To me the Bodyguard S&W would be good if I were a righty, relatively inexpensive and feels good in the hand. I keep thinking I want something more than a trigger safety as an extra precaution of shooting myself.

Cleck

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Shield 9. I have a 40 as my carry gun. I read that a bunch of lefty's like the Shield, might be worth some research. $400 before tax too

mrg23

Newly Enlightened
Kahr pm9 in a pocket holster for me. Slightly larger than a 380 but quite a bit more power. Very accurate and dependable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.