What 3 lights do you like/use the most?

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
1. JetBeam BA10 on an IMR 14500. Super bright (600+ lumens probably), and wonderful floody beam w/ no donut.
2. SkyRay STL-V2 on 2 IMR 18650s. Bright (1000 lumens), and my Daddy Thrower. 62mm head, period...
3. TerraLUX LS300 on 2 AA Eneloops. Brightest 2AA light I know of (300 lumens). Very floody, and the low mode is nice too.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Currently:
4sevens Preon2 Hi CRI (EDC)
JETBeam E3S (alternate EDC) (sometimes sub'd with neutral Xeno E03 - I have trouble choosing between these two.)
SF 6P w/ NB Neutral XM-L and McClicky (walking the dog at night)
The E3S should be replaced by a HDS Hi CRI Rotary within a month

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
McGizmo High CRI Mule (edc)
Zebralight SC600 (flood)
Dereelight DBS 3 Aspheric (throw)

All bases covered :)

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary (holstered)

Malkoff Hound Dog XM-L (holstered)

V10R (key Chain, or is it a Ring)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
#1 & 2.
Dorcy-2AA-4AA.jpg

#3 The yellow one on the right.
MiNi-AA2-Dorcy-180-lumen-size.jpg

I don't go out much at night. When I do go out there are plenty of street lights and parking lot lights. I do carry at least 3 lights with me when I go out but I rarely need them.

Indoors I have a low wattage LED light in the hall running 24/7 enough for me to wander around without bumping into doors and walls or trip over the furniture.
2W-LED-vs-nitelite.jpg

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The Klarus XT11 is the primary EDC, in the pocket...its the right light 90% of the time for what I do.

The Foursevens S12 and the Klarus XT20 would be next depending on the day/scenario.....

But that could be shifted to the ElektroLumens Big Brute or Foursevens S18 again depending on the day/scenario.

The DEFT edc LR is in the mix as well, mostly in tight spaces with long ranges, like a deep, pipe infested crawlspace that I'd need tight throw to penetrate to the ends.

The Olight SR 90 is simply amazing if I need a large amount of light on a distant target, but is too much for a tight crawlspace...but perfect for disaster response and inspection of very large spaces where access is hard, but there are lines of sight, etc.

The above pretty much covers my everyday lighting, except for UV lights - which are more specific to the forensics end of my job....and the XeLED UV light has become my UV EDC light...it works even better than the 3D Maglight with 5 watts of UV and the Inova X5 UV I used to carry daily.

dervishMe

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC51
Fenix EO5 - key chain
Fenix EO1

Hard to imagine the EO1 is almost 4 years old. I have 2 and one of them still have the original battery.

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread since no one single light can meet everyone's needs.

1) Off duty my FourSevens Quark AA tactical. Easy to carry and bright enough using a 14500 cell for just about all my needs
2) On duty plain clothes my Quark 123X^2 tactical. and usually another light
3) On duty in Uniform I switch around but primarily a Klarus Xt-11

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
Top 3 I use the most:
1) 4Sevens Preon 2 High CRI titanium/black
2) Fenix E01
3) 4Sevens Preon 2 R5

Top 3 I like the most:
1) Fenix TK35
2) 4Sevens Preon 2 High CRI titanium/black
3) Streamlight TLR-3

Ian2381

Enlightened
1. ITP A3 Stainless - Keychain light
2. Zebralight H600w - Pocket EDC(without headstrap) and Headlamp for Mt climbing/hiking
3. Surefire C2 - Just bought this light and planning to buy a mcclicky switch(still trying to sell some lights to fund this C2 setup) :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Vital Gear FB1-BK with Lumens Factory Black E-Bezel and cool white 1-cell 3-mode module... (backup/EDC)
2. Surefire C2 bored with EDC+ X60L XML T6 3-mode module... (dark nights first choice)
3. Surefire LX2 body+tailcap plus Z series grip rings with TnC E2C, Z44-HA bezel and Malkoff M61W module... (dark nights second choice)

davyro

Enlightened
1.HDS Ra Clicky 170T
2.McGizmo Haiku 6v XPG
3.HDS Rotary 200
& I love the three of them & i don't think i'll ever consider selling anyone of them.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
1)HDS 120 modded with XML
2)Zebralight SC600
3)HDS Rotary

This is my preference today it varies slightly day to day

For keychain it's
1)Fenix E05
2)Preon1 hiCri
3) Thrunite Ti