What are you listening to (or Watching)? Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Re: What are you listening to? Volume 8

So far King Diamond is getting from 3 to 5 stars in my WMP.

I really dig groups like Armored Saint, Blind Guardian, Children of Bodom and stuff like that.

King Diamond is more story telling than hot rock/metal for the most part.

Again I find that putting in an artist or a song in search on Pandora.com will get me all sorts of possibilities.

For now I think I'll give some Anthrax a go.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

You may want to check out KD's other band, the legendary "Mercyful Fate."

Not really as story oriented as his solo stuff, just good evil music.
teu42.gif

Check out: In the Shadows :rock::rock::rock:

intheshadowsnu5.jpg

Probably my favorite.

OK, there are a couple of "story" songs, like The Bell Witch, The Legend of the Headless Horseman, etc. but they are separate stories, instead of the whole album being a story with the songs being "chapters" like his solo material.

Another good one is Melissa
melissarp5.jpg

BTW I'm listening to that one right now...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Well, what did you expect I'd be listening to?
If you guessed Anthrax "Sound of White Noise", then go find somebody who calls themselves your closest friend, but sits on their high horse, is transparent in critical moments, refuses to go to a party, and makes themselves invisible. Then go find somebody or something you can "H8" at least 1,000 times in rapid succession.
wink.gif
(Same as yesterday morning!)

"Heavy Metal The First 20 Years" (this is a compilation album).
head.gif

I want to listen to the songs "Free-for-All" by Ted Nugent, "Eighteen" by Alice Cooper, and "Breaking the Law" by Judas Priest.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dream Evil "children of the night"

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

If you guessed "Heavy Metal The First 20 Years", then go jaywalk or something (so that you're "Breaking the Law"), and some cop arrests you and throws you in the clink.
wink.gif

Raven "Stay Hard", Raven "The Pack is Back", and Autograph "Sign In Please".
head.gif

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm listening to Metallica - Death Magnetic :rock::rock::rock:

autographeddeathmagnetigk3.jpg

My autographed copy of Death Magnetic

Because I went to a Metallica concert last night...and actually MET James and the boys!!! Yep, I scored a backstage pass and was able to shake hands and talk to each one of them for a few minutes (as well as get a few autographs of course! :naughty:) and let me tell you, they are VERY cool and were extremely pleasant to talk to...and that even includes Lars! :D He was really nice and cooler and more accommodating than I ever expected. Who would have guessed? :shrug:

It really was one of the greatest experiences of my life. :twothumbs

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

That is ***SO COOL*** (or "KOOL" or "KEWL")!!! :) :D :grin2: :cool: :grin2: :D :)

If you guessed Raven "Stay Hard", then YAY!!! YOU GOT ONE CORRECT!!!
wink.gif

head.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I most certainly am NOT listening to all the hoopla and praise for our new savior and lord the Obama!

Last disk in the truck is Fuel - Sunburn.

Gonna check recent additions in WMP to find out how successful Ares has been since last night.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

If you guessed Raven "The Pack is Back", then YAY!!! YOU GOT ANOTHER ONE CORRECT!!!
wink.gif

head.gif

Some anonymous seminferious bungsnoidial tubloidial buttsnoid thinks I'm using this thread as a weblog (or "blog" if you prefer); I don't see even the slightest sign of that however. I already maintain a weblog (link is in my signature line) - no reason to post any of that on this BBS. NO rules are being violated - or even bent here.

Here's the message he sent (because he's an anonymous bungknocker, I think it's kosher to post this here):

===========================================================================================
Well what did you expect I'd be emailing you about?

If you guessed it was because you have turned the "What are you listening to?" thread into your blog then go down to the local convenient store and buy yourself a winning lottery ticket because you are correct!!!!!

I really wanted to email you about how much it bugs everyone here that you keep managing to bend the rules for your own agenda.

===========================================================================================

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you guessed Raven "The Pack is Back", then YAY!!! YOU GOT ANOTHER ONE CORRECT!!!
wink.gif

head.gif

Some anonymous seminferious bungsnoidial tubloidial buttsnoid thinks I'm using this thread as a weblog (or "blog" if you prefer); I don't see even the slightest sign of that however. I already maintain a weblog (link is in my signature line) - no reason to post any of that on this BBS. NO rules are being violated - or even bent here.

Here's the message he sent (because he's an anonymous bungknocker, I think it's kosher to post this here):

Well what did you expect I'd be emailing you about?

If you guessed it was because you have turned the "What are you listening to?" thread into your blog then go down to the local convenient store and buy yourself a winning lottery ticket because you are correct!!!!!

I really wanted to email you about how much it bugs everyone here that you keep managing to bend the rules for your own agenda.

What did you expect me to be reading? If you guessed a hateful, misguided and incorrect email from somebody that needs to get a life, then you're correct!!!!

So, turn on your PC, log into CPF, make another post about "What you are listening to" and don't worry about it! :thumbsup:

Your posts don't bother me in the least! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.