What did you have put on your CPF Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I wanted to put on mine, but there wasn't room (and I don't think Peter would have been able to do it in the original Elvish..)

One Arc to rule them all, One Arc to find them.
One Arc to bring them all, and in the darkness blind them.

Graham
grin.gif
grin.gif

(Apologies to JRRT..)

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Graham,
I think you'll have to wait until Peter comes out with the ARC AAA Turbo-Head to get all that on. (think this will start a new ARC thread about the ARC T-head???
grin.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
) TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

If found, email Greg_at_Meboe.com

Hopefully I'll never have to find out if it works!

Greg Meboe

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:

Mine says: 2002 The LED Museum CPF #11
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that what you *thought* it would say, or is that what it actually says? I guess you have yours already - how did it turn out?

After I saw what you were writing, I swiped your idea. Just swapped my name with your "LED Museum." Can't wait to see it when I get home.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, I expect to see at least 110 replies to this thread, else I'm going to wonder who got more than one CPF Edition Arc. I admit, I was tempted to register another name just so I could order a second one, but I imagine once the name on the credit card came up, the game would be over.
Oh, well...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I didn't get mine engraved.I wish I could have gotten more than one though.The beam is just too nice not to use it alot,it will probably end up being my every day light.
troy

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Is that what you *thought* it would say, or is that what it actually says? I guess you have yours already - how did it turn out?

After I saw what you were writing, I swiped your idea. Just swapped my name with your "LED Museum." Can't wait to see it when I get home.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is how I specified the embossing, and that's exactly how it came out. The year of issue was a must, as was my CPF member number. The stuff in the middle was cobbled up out of several ideas, and that was the only one that fit in 30 bytes of text and didn't look too goofy.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluegreen:
Mine says Bad *** M*****r F*****r
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cuss words - cool!
smile.gif

I was going to put on something like "If found, kick toilets off the wall" and all I'd have to do to get my light back is follow the trail of broken toilets.
grin.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine`s rather boring in comparison- it`s just the address of my new Reviews site. I thought I could incorporate it somehow into my new "Now Online..." banner, not sure how yet but I feel that a little bit of amination is in order....

tongue.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
I had engraved on mine: Official CPF Light Member #827

I used up all 30 spaces.

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
I thought this would be an interesting, off-the-wall kind of question.
What did you have engraved in your CPF edition Arc?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Empath' CPF Member 867

Bucky

Enlightened
Mine says: CPF Edition/Member #31 - Bucky

I failed to realize that the year may be relavent or I would have changed it somehow it include '02 or 2002.

Bucky

Darell

Flashaholic
That is how I specified the embossing, and that's exactly how it came out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes. That's how you specified the embossing to ME. But then I modified it ever so slightly when I ordered it up. Glad it worked out. Seems like a lot of extra space left over though, huh?

Somehow I managed to get two errors in my text
frown.gif
I had two dashes in my description. One dash was left out, and the other became an "x"

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
Somehow I managed to get two errors in my text
frown.gif
I had two dashes in my description. One dash was left out, and the other became an "x"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe the etching computer was in it's condenseing mode. After all, -- crossed is an x (sort of). TX

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Maybe the etching computer was in it's condenseing mode. After all, -- crossed is an x (sort of). TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm. There's a creative way of looking at it. But the dashes were supposed to be seperated by a bunch of text too. It's the kind of thing where it isn't THAT bad, but I sure wish it came out how I'd specified it.

Darell

Flashaholic
* WAIT *

My bad. The text is still a little wrong, but I'll live with it. I'd changed mine to have an asterisk (*) in it, and that was somehow translated into an X. I'll live.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I told my wife I'd put her name on it...then I chickened out and put our last name on the order form!
blush.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
That was probably a wise move. With your wife's name on the light, it could become her's much easier. TX

Status
Not open for further replies.