What did you use your flashlight for today?

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Inspired by an r/flashlight post I saw recently, yesterday I used my S2+ as a carry handle for a number of grocery bags. It was perfect. I always hated those thin straps digging into my hands, and a metal cylinder is much better for holding on to so they even seemed lighter than they actually were.

Though this doesn't work with the reusable bags of more durable materials. The nylon strap handles are too thick to allow a good grip on the light, so my fingers end up too spread for a good hold, even with a bigger torch like the M21B. I'd classify it as a moot point, though, as those very handles, unlike the spaghetti-thin ones of plastic bags, are comfortable on the hand and don't dig into the skin even when they're weighing 10kg or more.

iacchus

Enlightened
I used a TS10 to find my HDS last night.
It was dark and I couldn't find it on the nightstand. Needed it to go walk the dogs.
Turns out, the cat had knocked it off the table onto the floor.
So, it finally happened, I used a flashlight to find the other flashlight. I guess I'm gonna keep two on the nightstand now.

1710438145411.png

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Inspired by an r/flashlight post I saw recently, yesterday I used my S2+ as a carry handle for a number of grocery bags. It was perfect. I always hated those thin straps digging into my hands, and a metal cylinder is much better for holding on to so they even seemed lighter than they actually were.

Though this doesn't work with the reusable bags of more durable materials. The nylon strap handles are too thick to allow a good grip on the light, so my fingers end up too spread for a good hold, even with a bigger torch like the M21B. I'd classify it as a moot point, though, as those very handles, unlike the spaghetti-thin ones of plastic bags, are comfortable on the hand and don't dig into the skin even when they're weighing 10kg or more.
Now that's thinking!

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
It was dark and I couldn't find it on the nightstand. Needed it to go walk the dogs.
So, it finally happened, I used a flashlight to find the other flashlight. I guess I'm gonna keep two on the nightstand now.

View attachment 59104
Wait...You've only been keeping one bedside up till now? Spartan!

Monocrom

Flashaholic

View attachment 59104
Why?.... So your cat can knock over both of them? 😆

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my black 2AA LUXPRO to see inside my mailbox tonight. Inner lobby was dark as hell. The 280 lumens rated LED didn't seem all that impressive if I'm being honest. But got the job done. Ironically, this light is not only sold individually, but can be bought in a box containing half a dozen of them. Guessing this model might be popular as a budget light with certain contractors?

Poppy

Flashaholic
The water feed line to my dishwasher split. Thankfully my daughter was there when it happened, and I was around to turn off the water, or we would have had a significant flood.

Unfortunately for me, the dishwasher was installed and mounted under the counter before they laid down the tile floor. I can't slide the dishwasher out. There's not enough clearance between the top of the tile and the bottom of the dishwasher, to get a wrench onto the leveling bolt/legs to raise them. Either I need a thin set wrench, or maybe use my sawzall to cut the legs off. I tried lifting the counter but I'd need to get another 1/8th inch in height. Darn... almost there!

So I picked up a replacement hose, but could only get 6 feet, and the original is 8 feet long with lots of slack. It ends up 6 feet is about 6-8 inches too short. I duct taped the ends of the original hose and the replacement hose together and used the original to pull/snake the replacement through the narrow slot that the hose travels through to the back. Today, I'll have to make a concerted effort to get a longer hose.

I used a combination of my 18650 Niteye MSC20 and my Sofirn D25L headlamp to see under the dishwasher, and under the sink.

I used my flashlight to light up the tag that I took a picture of with my phone so I could show the supplier what part I needed.

1710502785484.png

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened
Rotated out my Lumintop 2.0 Nichia and instead View attachment 59157used my warm Quark mini cr123 as night light. For three nights it gave a nice warm glow with a battery that was "dead".
I keep one of these handy as a vampire as well. During power outages, after a storm or such, it's really nice to use up every last bit of those primaries.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly - 3M Ultrafit UF-01-000

They are wonderful, but the other day a friend gave me the MSA Sordin X Pro to listen to, my eyes widened when this thing drowned out the noise of a tractor nearby and at the same time I perfectly heard 2 workers talking to each near this tractor!
I sometimes use 3M no-touch or those Safariland ones from the Netherlands but usually it is Surefire since they are ergonomic.

Attachments

• 14F4AA68-F79F-46F8-9C47-809ED468042F.jpeg
    14F4AA68-F79F-46F8-9C47-809ED468042F.jpeg
    924.2 KB · Views: 14

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pieces of semi-hard cheese are sold in vacuum packaging. They lie on shelves, the overhead light is cold LED. When they are stored incorrectly, the cheese becomes whitish and the flavor is lost at this point. A high CRI helps to find fresher pieces with a uniform yellow color. The difference in the photo is increased, in fact the color difference is slightly smaller, and at low CRI it is hardly noticeable. I probably look like a freak looking at cheese with a flashlight, good thing without a monocle

1710787787927.png