What do CPF members wish to see of Foursevens ?

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Simplicity, reliability and quality, in no particular order. Don't build an empire, build a reputation and a legacy.

A wise old man once said 'if you can't be the first, be the best'. Keep building great lights.

On a more specific note, I can see a lot of niches out there available to be filled in terms of product diversification. I don't know if your business model allows exploring these areas, but in terms of expansion, profit and reputation, there is room especially in industrial fields that call for quality lights. There is work to be done underground with floody head or tool mounted lights, inspection work in daylight that needs a very bright, penetrating beam to open shadows while inspecting machinery, and even compact even-beam photography and videography lights for mobile media professionals in rugged environments.

I'm an industrial guy, so these are areas that stand out to me, anyway.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
  • Preon P2 MKIII (2xAAA) with 4000k. If you do it in slate blue I'd be forced to get P1 (1xAAA) 4000k as well. That seems pretty easy since you are out of stock and due for another run.
  • Make a smallest possible 1xAA/14500 light from the ground up patterned after the Preon P1 (1xAAA). Basically a Preon P1 scaled up to fit an AA. I'd be OK with just NiMh capability and the same driver, lumen levels and switch from the 1xAAA Preon, but I think today's market would want 14500 capability and a higher burst to go along with the higher voltage. Make sure a Vapcell 1250mAh will fit and has LVP built in.
  • 16650 twisty tube for the Mini MKIII Turbo. You already sell the battery, the head, and you could keep the same clip. It would be have better proportions and easier to hold, lots more battery capacity and still be really small - a backpackers dream!
  • UI upgrade: I would like to be able to turn memory on/off/hybrid in the programing

• Preon P2 MKIII (2xAAA) with 4000k. If you do it in slate blue I'd be forced to get P1 (1xAAA) 4000k as well. That seems pretty easy since you are out of stock and due for another run.
  • Make a smallest possible 1xAA/14500 light from the ground up patterned after the Preon P1 (1xAAA). Basically a Preon P1 scaled up to fit an AA. I'd be OK with just NiMh capability and the same driver, lumen levels and switch from the 1xAAA Preon, but I think today's market would want 14500 capability and a higher burst to go along with the higher voltage. Make sure a Vapcell 1250mAh will fit and has LVP built in.
  • 16650 twisty tube for the Mini MKIII Turbo. You already sell the battery, the head, and you could keep the same clip. It would be have better proportions and easier to hold, lots more battery capacity and still be really small - a backpackers dream!
  • UI upgrade: I would like to be able to turn memory on/off/hybrid in the programing
👆👆👆👆👆👆👆👆
200.gif

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Did they ever add "garage door opener" to that one smart light a few years back? Car key finder? Microwave starter? Remote control perhaps?

I'd buy a basic, reliable US made one in double a or triple a size that can use rechargeables too. Nothing too fancy, no need to be super nova bright. Runtime preferred. Tint doesn't matter much, at least not to me. Reliable as a BiC lighter with a way to know how much fuel is left in the battery(s) and possible to start on low or high depending on the user preference.

Last edited:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
US made lights cant be feature rich.
???
How so?
l know of several US makers that are feature rich, mostly custom builders that do not have mass scaled facilities to provide quantity that would lower prices to the people.
What we need is an OEM flashlight manufacturing facility Here to replace oversees facilities, willing to work with US designers.
Maybe we can get someone like Elon Musk to jump into making such a facility 🤷‍♂️

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Updated single-CR2 flashlight.
Not too much bigger than the battery itself. Great keychain attachment point. Low mode + High mode only. Twist of the tailcap to access the modes. Low always switching on first. I'd like an EDC keychain light that is short (fat is acceptable). High mode for those rare times you need it. Low geared for extreme runtime. Running off of a primary cell that is still easy to find (at least in America). And, in an emergency, is likely still going to be on the shelves of the local pharmacy when you get there.

paulyg

Newly Enlightened
Made in the U.S of A
AA body
Warm (almost incandescent) tint
Clicky tail that comes on low and has a high, with low being enough light to do just about anything (10 lumens?)
NO blinky modes
Lanyard/keychain hole