What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've certainly considered that. $60... and i'm sure I'd need a new NiCd (NiMH? Li?) battery for it. I put the money toward a ML150LR for now, but who knows.
I had an incan Magcharger at one point, just the light with no battery or charger. It was tempting to go that route, get that module and new batteries etc but it wasn't worth it. If one already had the whole kit, that module is a great upgrade though.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
HAHA, 2 reasons for so many. My SL-20XP halogen is much better cutting through some tinted windows. Not always, but on normally stops its also less irritating to the subject because nowadays feelings get hurt when they feel like they are being interrogated despite the fact that my interactions start with a smile and a howdy. I always have brighter light on my belt and on the boomstick. BUT the majority of the time, a fellow partner either only has 1 light, no spare batteries, or forgot to charge theirs. I didn't make rank by not thinking ahead.....
If you are encountering an LEO and spot an interesting light on his belt can you inquire about it or no?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
One time I was arrested at gun point and one of the men had an AR-15 with a sub 16 inch barrel and a cheap China weaponlight that gave the overall impression of being an Airsoft gun. I thought it was a practical joke until a federal agent showed me some paperwork sounding like an offense I would commit.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Kinda sad that a LEO would use a cheap piece-o-crap as his weapon-light, on a quality AR. Just sayin'....

whiteshepherd

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious what flashlight folks are keeping in their vehicles. I'm undecided what to keep in mine, so curious what you keep in yours and why.
s-l1600.jpg

The problem with storing flashlights in cars is the heat and cold put a LOT of wear on the batteries. The newer the battery technology the faster they go. So for my cars I got these Forever Flashlights (USSR flashlights based off German hand crank WWII flashlights). Unlike the hand crank garbage out of china these are pretty nice especially if you put a LED bulb in them. As a project I took 3 of them and put in a super capacitor, low voltage drop rectifier, and led driver inside. Now when I crank for 20 sec it gives me 10 min of decent light. Makes a good never-fail light that can be stored in a car and forgot in a car till you need it. :)

iacchus

Enlightened
View attachment 60803

The problem with storing flashlights in cars is the heat and cold put a LOT of wear on the batteries. The newer the battery technology the faster they go. So for my cars I got these Forever Flashlights (USSR flashlights based off German hand crank WWII flashlights). Unlike the hand crank garbage out of china these are pretty nice especially if you put a LED bulb in them. As a project I took 3 of them and put in a super capacitor, low voltage drop rectifier, and led driver inside. Now when I crank for 20 sec it gives me 10 min of decent light. Makes a good never-fail light that can be stored in a car and forgot in a car till you need it. :)
Those are actually really cool, at least with the mods you made.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
View attachment 60803

There is this 20 year lasting battery technology and light for high end cars.

Attachments

• 047D8771-9CBD-417D-B6BB-EC9BD89AB766.jpeg
    047D8771-9CBD-417D-B6BB-EC9BD89AB766.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 737256E3-36B6-446E-9BE2-DCDB25AE0AEB.jpeg
    737256E3-36B6-446E-9BE2-DCDB25AE0AEB.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 24

nollij

Newly Enlightened
View attachment 60803

Would you be willing to show that project and the parts you used? I always have a worry about the lights I keep in my car because of the constant heat cycling from day/night and the effect on the batteries.

ankitgu

Newly Enlightened
Did everyone get a message from Mister Ed asking them to post in this thread? I have one built into an air compressor for my tires if needed. Otherwise, the phone suffices. I only have some Streamlight flashlights I take when I travel or go out in the night on the very rare occasion.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a set of these in both Jeeps.

Yellow G2's have Malkoff M61LL's

Black G3, I believe have Malkoff M61L's (I can't remember for sure)

My "Grab n' Go" FAK has a Yellow Streamlight ProPolyMax attached to it.

I also have a few Yellow Streamlight ProPolymer Haz-Lo AA's available in each Jeep.

Attachments

• Vehicle - Flashlight kit.jpeg
    Vehicle - Flashlight kit.jpeg
    540.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Vehicle - Streamlight ProPolyMax.JPEG
    Vehicle - Streamlight ProPolyMax.JPEG
    678.7 KB · Views: 19

smokeybear468

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit late to the party and have been inactive for some time on the forum. Sorry. Since I came back from England last year, losing my mom, struggling to get on my feet, getting laid off, wing a target of a romance scam (a very good one at that) it's all just been too much but I'm still here and I'm ok more or less… better than I thought I would after such experiences but I'm getting the strength from somewhere.

So for the question what do I keep in the car.
Polarion PH40 for the heavy duty gear when I need it which isn't often.

First-Light T Max NV 700 lumens various led modes including the red/green mix. This one gets used the most. Has the TRS mount, both belt and magnet, clip when needed. More than enough light if I need it for whatever I need it for plus has a strobe function and the emergency beacon signal plus red/green mix led if needed for first aid purposes

Polarion CF3 90 degree firefighting light) which was recently aquired. I was going to sell it when I saw how bright it was indoors but when I saw how far it threw and the beam outdoors I thought…. No sell that needs to stay in the car!

This one can be charged in the car, has a very strong clip and a key ring which can be attached to a lanyard

I do also have the HDS rotary ss40 hidden away but doesn't get used much

Cemoi

Enlightened
Zebralight H53c.
Too bad for us Europeans that ZL has stopped shipping outside the US.