What good remote pressure switch tail caps?

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
VERY nice result Martin.

So, when will you start selling these modified talcaps? :crackup: (I'm sure you knew that was coming.)

BHAHAHAHAH.....but.....no, neither the original or my modification are water proof. If I start making and selling a remote tail switch, it will be waterproof.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'd sure be in for one. Next group buy? Solid science, glad to see you got something working! I think this is a really great idea. Like silly how nobody has thought of this before.

:crackup::grin2:

StagMoose

Enlightened
There is certainly a market for this. Especially if you can get it to take Surefire plug in tape switches.

The XM series works and I use one on a MD2, but they are expensive and not always easy to get. Usually around $100 without the switch from what I have found.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
There is certainly a market for this. Especially if you can get it to take Surefire plug in tape switches.

The XM series works and I use one on a MD2, but they are expensive and not always easy to get. Usually around $100 without the switch from what I have found.

That's what I have found too, out of stock, or $140+. I just got lucky and snagged one (with switch) on ebay for $90 with shipping.

rearmount

Newly Enlightened
Nicely done! And I agree, seems like if you want something "pro" grade, there aren't that many options on the market that isn't Surefire.

StagMoose

Enlightened
That's what I have found too, out of stock, or $140+. I just got lucky and snagged one (with switch) on ebay for $90 with shipping.

Nice snag! I stole one off an old SF M952 and repurposed it. Put a clicky from a 6px in its place. Works great!

I agree that for longevity sake, the Surefire tale switches are the best out there. I have had some issues with other brands. But they do work until they don't. Surefire ones are surprisingly durable.

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
The Surefire XM05 is huge. It is nicely built, but man is it big. The 5" long wire is a little short for how I want to use it too. I do like that the tailcap has a switch that works without the pressure pad, and that the pressure pad unplugs. I also LOVE that the switch part of the tailcap can rotate independent of screwing it on. You can screw it on and then keep rotating the switch to get it in the orientation that you want. That is nice. I don't like that the pressure pad is only a momentary.

StagMoose

Enlightened
It is massive. Lol. But the other features you mentioned are nice.

The ST series are temporary on pads, you can get one that has a temp pad and a on/off switch. They are expensive but if you ever need it, worth it. I don't know why they feel like they need to charge so much for these switches.

At least the SR pad kinda clips to a pic rail by itself and doesn't need anything else. It isn't super tight, but stays in place ok. Depending on the location you can use zip ties or a ranger band to secure it a bit more.

Cloud defensive sells an overpriced mount for them as well if you want. I have no experience with it because it costs a lot more than zip ties.

I have 7" ones and depending on how they are mounted it is always too much or too little cord. They are durable though and bending them a bit to make them work hasn't broken mine yet.

Good luck and congrats on the deal. Still got a good deal!

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
What am I missing here? How does a tail cap designed to for a 16mm body fit on a md2

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
It sure is brother. Thank you for staying this thread, it opens up a bunch of options for some of us.

Latest posts