What product do you want to see?

dr_lava

Enlightened
I fully agree with the optics request. surely there could be some small (about 1 inch) front surface mirror on a ball joint (even plastic mounting is OK to keep the price down) that could be made cheaply... I want to mount them on my walls and make designs, pass toslink audio data to the receiver via a laser beam, etc.

Tech^Cellfish

Newly Enlightened
That violet one sure looks good :)

I've started looking for some mountings and maybe some lenses, prisms and mirrors and such to play with for my laser. Can't say I've seen it at the shops that are most spoken of here. So far elfa.se has some lab equipment for me to experiment with.

Would be nice to see something like this
http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/dyndok.pl?lang=en&dok=2011684.htm for DPSS lasers

Last edited:

DCFluX

Newly Enlightened
I'd like a AA powered anything with an hard anodized case, avalible in multiple colors. Knurling is not needed, just smooth anodizing.

Also I would like to be able to get replacement KDP crystals and IR filters, for experimenters and "tweakers" that are willing to gut a laser for a 5mW increase in 200mW.

Robban

Enlightened
LowBat said:
I'd like to see more green lasers powered by AA cells instead of the usual AAA format. Perhaps a side-by-side configuration to shorten the overall length would be another plus.
Side by side would be great. I don't carry my lasers with me at all due to the shape of them. Either a side by side configuration or perhaps powered by a single CR-123a (if they could handle rechargeables that would be a huuuge plus). Continous operation (with a constant on switch. Click for on, click again for off, like a normal flashlight) without cool down would be nice aswell but I don't know if that's possible in this configuration.

Perhaps incorporate some kind of lens protection so you could stick it in your pocket without worrying about dirt making the beam speckled?

Personally I think I'd really only be interested in <5mW units. I have a 20+ unit and I'm kinda afraid to use it due to the potential eye damage risks. I have goggles but with them you can't really see anything so where's the fun in that :)

Oh and all this should be cheap of course ;)

KBlaserman

Newly Enlightened
Robban said:
Side by side would be great. I don't carry my lasers with me at all due to the shape of them. Either a side by side configuration or perhaps powered by a single CR-123a (if they could handle rechargeables that would be a huuuge plus). Continous operation (with a constant on switch. Click for on, click again for off, like a normal flashlight) without cool down would be nice aswell but I don't know if that's possible in this configuration.

Perhaps incorporate some kind of lens protection so you could stick it in your pocket without worrying about dirt making the beam speckled?

Personally I think I'd really only be interested in <5mW units. I have a 20+ unit and I'm kinda afraid to use it due to the potential eye damage risks. I have goggles but with them you can't really see anything so where's the fun in that :)

Oh and all this should be cheap of course ;)

Lol that all sounds good to me... :)

Pixel

Newly Enlightened
oo, thats easy.
I want to see a portable key-chain laser with adjustable power between 1mW-10W and adjustable wavelength between 100nm-1000nm. simple as that.

Well it has some minuses - it can't produce all possible collors, for example white and pink, but I can leave with that ;)

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I would like to see green lasers made that can run on batteries OTHER than aaa.

An AA version would be great... a 123a version would be nice too. I have so many 123a batteries for the surefires... it would be easy to throw them in a laser too.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm hoping that the development and mass production of blu-ray DVD players will push the price of blue lasers down to an affordable level and make tham a viable source of blue pointers.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
I'm hoping that the development and mass production of blu-ray DVD players will push the price of blue lasers down to an affordable level and make tham a viable source of blue pointers.

I think that will help bring the prices on these down, but not for at least another 5 years or more in my opinion.

The reasons being, the blue-ray players are going to be very expensive compared to normal dvd players until they actually replace dvd and production is very large. The 1st few years or so, only techies types who need the newest technology will buy them at the high cost, espcially when there aren't any movies out on blue-ray to take advantage of the technology.