What to do with a 26650 battery with a blown fuse?

Kueh

Newly Enlightened
So the battery in my Klarus G20 died. Is replacing the protection circuit viable? Or can I remove the protection circuit and use the battery as is?

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just get a new battery for it, to be on the safe side. They are not too expensive and would perform better than your old cell, even if it worked after removing the protection circuit. I do not know if you can get actual protection circuits for those batteries separately.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
So the battery in my Klarus G20 died. Is replacing the protection circuit viable? Or can I remove the protection circuit and use the battery as is?
Only if the light has protection built in would I recommend using an unprotected battery in it as you could overdischarge it and ruin it even if the battery is good after removing the circuitry. I could recommend testing it after removing the circuitry to see if it is good and saving it to use with something that has built in protection however. I use unprotected 18650s in plenty of things but they tend to have a lot less potential power than a 26650 can have I believe and are less (but not totally safe) dangerous to use haphazardly.