What to do with a useless Pentagon X3 light?

Scoutnhunt

Newly Enlightened
I know they are out of business and have already been told there aren't any good options for replacing the lamp with a reliable unit.

So what to do with the light? It looks new and I don't like the idea of just throwing the housing away.

Is there anything that can be done with it?

Thanks in advance.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the dimensions of a replacement lamp?

Also I'd grudgingly accept having such a light mailed to me.:naughty:

I kid, welcome to CPF!

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are more than a few folks here who would be able to convert that light to LED.

Alternatively, you can put it up for sale on the CPFMarketplace.

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Thanks for posting that link Monocrom.

My buddy has been using his X3 for almost a year with the LED upgrade I performed on it. He is a steam fitter and runs his equipment pretty damn hard. Because the light engine section of the light is completely sealed off from the battery compartment, and I replaced the glass lens with a polycarbonate one for impact resistance, he has never had to access the front of the light and it's been extremely reliable using that method. He has recently had to retire it because he used the relatively thin bezel as a hammer and it's dented enough where the O-rings fail to keep the bezel waterproof, however it still does function as a light but neither of us trust it for the environment he uses it in.

I also have a previous generation X3 that is somewhat of a shelf queen, but I performed this mod on it as well and it works when I need it to.

I have done this for one forum member but have not had any feedback on how it's performing.