What to do with Mini mags

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
I have 3 Mini Maglites 2AA and have another I got almost free off ebay on the way. The problem is, I have absolutely no use for the little light they put out. SO, I'm looking for 4 different mods to do to them. Would like atleast one to be as good of a thrower as I can possibly make. The other 3 I would like to be more floody. Most the threads I've read were years old so I'm sure there has to be some better mods out there now. Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I'm still :candle: looking for someone to do a true 'ROP' mod (i.e. using the Pelican 3854-H bulb) with the MiniMags now that we have good AW 14500 IMR cells to work with.
There has been some talk over the years but I don't think anybody has pulled it off yet.

There was a thread about ~6 months ago with somebody putting a custom triple XP-G unit into the MiniMag, that is the best mod I've seen on these.

The thing for me is, I hate the switch in the MiniMags, which takes all the appeal out of them IMO. (They have been unreliable for me in the past.)

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
I seen the triple and was considering it for one of them, still leaves 3 more to mod though, 2 if i keep one stock to use for comparison

mesa232323

Enlightened
Find user "old lumens" he likes to mod mini mags. He may even mod them for you. He also has his own YouTube channel with some of his mods that you might want to look at for ideas.

Jay T

Enlightened
You can mod the head of a minimag to hold the brass pill from a P60 dropin. I bought a nailbender low voltage XP-G2 dropin to get a pill that works on 2 AA.

Google "matches mods minimag" to find instructions.

Only thing is the drilling takes much longer than 15min.

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
that sounds like it would be a fun build! might add to the list. Thanks!

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
Decided it might be best to just make one thrower and toss the rest in family members vehicles since none of them have a flashlight in there car. Anybody have a beamshot of one with led and acrylic ball?