What was your favorite/best flashlight of 2018

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Thanks, Jim. I was fortunate enough to acquire a stainless steel triple in 2018. Good year for the collection. :thumbsup:

~ CG

ddM9eRm.jpg

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite though.

WOW!!! Beautiful collection. If you get bored with any please let me know.

phosphor22

Enlightened
Frelux Synergy 1! It is a well-made light with good modes and ergonomics. Not to mention just kinda cool.

Last edited:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite flashlight of 2018 also has to be the the Frelux Synergy1. The original design, simplicity, and communication from the maker are all exemplary. It's been cool watching the flashlight go through several iterations, each one improving upon the last!

Second is a toss-up between my HDS Rotary and Omicron. The HDS would've taken first if it had a decent clip.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it's the Sofirn C01.For years many of us craved an "E01 Killer", we even tried getting 4Sevens to make such a mythical beast, but that didn't work out. Finally after all of these years the folks over at BLF made it happen with Sofirn. They took the 2 weak points of the E01, the beam and tail design and improved upon them while still retaining what made the E01 great. No overthinking or overcomplicating and making an entirely different beast.

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
Got several this year from Vinh but my favorite just because it is such a beast and overkill for most situations at least in "beast mode" is the X70....

koziy

Newly Enlightened
My game-changer light in 2018 was the Maratac Peanut. I see a lot of other flashlight companies releasing basically the same light, like the Olight i1R someone mentioned earlier, but the brass body of the Maratac looks really good on my key ring and the fact that you can replace the battery is a nice feature. This light was a game-changer for me because previously I was carrying a AAA light in my pocket, where it wasn't really being retained. A lot of people here may cringe to hear me say that I forgot it at home as often as I carried it! The Peanut light got a flashlight on my key ring, so I'll always have it with me, and halved the size of a AAA light for essentially no penalty in brightness.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time you say "SF E2T-MV," I have to Google it. Lol. It's the tactician. Do you run yours on primaries or a 16650?
Lol, I tend to be lazy and pick the shortest thing to type. Remember the first time I short formed your name to MF and you thought I was calling you names? Lol, that was funny.

Also, Surefire tends to give names to some lights but, only model numbers to others. That's why I usually just stick to the model number.

I have been running it on primaries but, I do have a couple of unprotected 4.35V Sanyo UR16650ZTA 2500mAh's on the way to try. The protected KeepPower's I have now(same 2500's Gene sells)are way too tight fyi. I got one of them in it to try but, had to force it back out. Most of the time I will be sticking to primaries anyway though as I bought the Tactician and EDCL1-T mainly to use with a handgun and want to stick to primaries for that application.

jimmy22Aus

Newly Enlightened
22286863e47088c8d73ef36916160731.jpg

Surefire Tactician ( James Yeager light ). My fav light of 2018 closely followed by the EDCL1T.

Latest posts