What watch you're wearing?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll get my modest items out of the way pretty quickly, lol.
My dainty fashion watch, a cheap Skagen titanium quartz. It's thin and light, but I can see it with the poor eyes, in poor light. The clasp broke once, but I found a nice, nearly exact Ti replacement at Esslinger.com. It's been very reliable with I believe, a bead blast finish, so I can't sandpaper it. Battery also seems to last about 2 years. The GITD markers aren't nearly as good as the Seiko's.
IMG_1338.JPG

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta get my post count to 1k! Today's $20 special, Casio analog faux diver. Good visibility even in low light, and the bezel actually turns. GITD not great. I expect the band to go bad in a few years, but really, for $20, you don't cry if it gets destroyed.
IMG_1339.JPG

ruffy

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,
nice to see that there are people with other interests beside flashlights. 😬

I would to join and present you my daily rocker.
Nothing fancy, just a simple Seiko SKX007 with Nato Strap. Considering to get myself an oyster bracelet.

DSC_1363~2.JPG

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
New day, same watch. Plus a few scratches and nicks from last time...

Attachments

• 20220802_102853.jpg
    20220802_102853.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20220802_102958.jpg
    20220802_102958.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 113

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
I find it so much more convenient to track time with a watch than a phone. It's also a reason I like analog over digital. Even if I don't absorb the exact time, a quick glance at my wrist allows me to estimate where I'm at and keep track of my day to keep me on schedule. The rare times I rush out without donning my watch I am lost the entire day. I had a job a while ago I couldn't wear a watch due to it being a snag hazard. But I had several clocks in my immediate area so it wast too bad. My current job not so much. I would be extremely lost without a watch.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I find it so much more convenient to track time with a watch than a phone. It's also a reason I like analog over digital. Even if I don't absorb the exact time, a quick glance at my wrist allows me to estimate where I'm at and keep track of my day to keep me on schedule. The rare times I rush out without donning my watch I am lost the entire day. I had a job a while ago I couldn't wear a watch due to it being a snag hazard. But I had several clocks in my immediate area so it wast too bad. My current job not so much. I would be extremely lost without a watch.
I used to never wear a watch even though I had a few. Then for some reason I started wearing one. It wasn't long before I missed wearing one on days I did not. And one day it occured to me people at work treated me different (in a good way) when I wore a watch. So I tried an experiment wearing various watches in certain situations. Like when I was around certain kinds of groups, like when in a group of geeks a digital watch with a calculator seemed to cause them to talk to me more than when I wore an old analog with a stretch band.

Now I wear what I feel like wearing on a particular day but there are still times I'll put on a dressy watch when I have meeting with the bosses. One day I was working with an intern who had trouble understanding his place on the food chain. I stopped wearing a watch for a few days. He made a comment about people who don't wear watches and how he could not understand why. My reply to him was "I've got you to tell me what time it is". Next day I wore a watch and the next and so on. One day he remarked how he hoped he didn't offend me with the watch comment the other day. I responded "I was not offended at all, I just wear a watch now to show you how easily you can be replaced". lol

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Currently alternating between my Citizen BM7080-03E model, and the Maratac TDW - SOPMOD2 digital chronograph watch (in O.D. Green).

Bought a sterile dial, custom assembled watch off of an Etsy seller a few months back. Stainless steel, somewhat heavy case. But lower weight than a typical S.S. case for a watch of its size. Came with a thick and comfortable silicon strap that helped with weight distribution. Nice Japanese automatic movement. Wore it almost exclusively for several weeks in a row.

One night, something odd happened. Wore it at work as usual, came home, took it off.... realized my wrist was in pain. I clearly had nerve damage. Wore the Maratac. Figured everything would be okay. It was.... But it took a couple of weeks before my wrist healed up completely. At the time, the Maratac was a very recent purchase. Dug out my Citizen. Both watches are very lightweight. Nearly all-plastic construction on the Maratac. My Citizen has a Titanium case.

Still have the S.S. sterile dial watch. Haven't worn it since.... and never will. So, currently looking for a good, thin, automatic movement, Titanium case watch. Nothing too fancy. Date feature would be nice.