What watch you're wearing?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Picked this guy up the other day. Not sure if they even make this model anymore. Not a bad watch at all.

View attachment 59987
Best I can find the current crop of Waterbury automatics are a 160th birthday celebration piece named after the original company that supplied early parts to then Ingersoll and later called Timex.
The Waterbury Clock Company built a pocket watch called the jumbo to compete with fancy European pockets watches in the late 1800's. Idea being build an affordable pocket watch. Ingersoll bought parts from Waterbury in 1854 (160 years ago) to make their own version. They costed $1.

iacchus

Enlightened
Best I can find the current crop of Waterbury automatics are a 160th birthday celebration piece named after the original company that supplied early parts to then Ingersoll and later called Timex.
The Waterbury Clock Company built a pocket watch called the jumbo to compete with fancy European pockets watches in the late 1800's. Idea being build an affordable pocket watch. Ingersoll bought parts from Waterbury in 1854 (160 years ago) to make their own version. They costed $1.
This one looks to be driven by the 21 jewel Miyota 8125, which I'm okay with. Has a display back.
Thats a real workhorse set of gears. is running a couple of seconds fast a day, so not bad at all really.
The Timex Waterbury series seem to be a mix of quartz and auto placed somewhere between their main line and the Marlin series.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I thought there was a Waterbury series from the 70's but so far the only thing I've found was (paraphrasing) "previous models were 42mm" and the new ones are "70's inspired".

Perhaps the previous ones they refer to is the quartz version(s) that came out a few years ago.

Anyway yours a nice looking watch. And you're right, it'll look nice with a variety of watch bands.

I have a Miyota automatic movement Timex watch that run between 2 and 8 seconds fast per day. If my mechanical watch after a week is within a minute of my cellphone, good enough.

Buff

Enlightened
Land Shark or Atlas.
image.jpg

Buff

Enlightened
I had that exact Casio. Work watch. It's buried in my new concrete driveway I'm guessing. The rubber case deteriorated so i just wore it exposed. Guess the dry rotted band eventually failed while i was pouring the crete lol.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Same old W217H as years back.
View attachment 60045
Spent more than a year with it on ice after the wristband broke, but now I got a replacement and it's back in business. My mainstay companion whenever I step foot out of the house.
My dad used to EDC one, back in the day with the strap cut off. Just tossed it in his pants pocket. That was before mom bought him the gold-plated quartz Wittnauer that he one day happened to spot in a jewelry store window. It was gold, it was light-weight, it was thin, and came on an incredible leather strap (which my dad did NOT cut off). Wore that watch for the rest of his Life. Near the end of it, the plating had come off in certain spots. If I'm honest, it looked terrible by then. But dad loved it. I have his taste in watches. But not the fascination with gold on them.

Won't get into detail why I don't have his Wittnauer after he passed on May 30th, 2017. I'll just mention it was through no fault of my own.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I usually just stick to citizen eco drives so I never have to replace a battery
Have heard rumors that a Citizen Eco-Drive solar battery is good for a minimum of 10 years, max. of 20 years. But the one in my BM7080-03E is still going strong over 20 years later. Plus, best part is, unless the power reserve is down to 0% the light can be recharged with a very bright flashlight. Surprised that Citizen models aren't more popular on CPF than they are.