Whats a good 18650/CR123x2 light?

Hen

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone post a screenshot with the JetBeam M-III and T20C2 together?

Thanks.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Olight M20 Warrior and Dereelight CL1H V4.

The Dereelight is a bit more compact. It is easily the most comfortable light I've ever held in my hand. Wire clip is low-profile. Doesn't get in the way if you'd rather toss the light into a holster.

yalskey

Enlightened
Sorta off topic, but does anyone else get kind of tired of these vague recommendation threads? More and more I think CPF should have a newb / recommendation section.

Anyone picking up what I'm laying down?

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Hen. It would help if you could be more specific, there are many "good" ones availible. Brightness is only one factor, and not really that big of one for most uses. Size, price, UI, materials, LED, hotwire etc would get you better answers IMO. Some things to consider. Two notables I have, SureFire U2 is an excellent light but you have to find a body to fit 18650. I didn't have much trouble finding one. Another is the LumaPower M1 Hunter. I bought the Seoul LE for it, absolutely STELLAR beam on it and it will take the above cells. 2 stage Lo/Hi pretty foolproof IMO. Will tailstand too. Comes in black or HA. Hope you find what you like.

Last edited:

somename

Newly Enlightened
Hen, the reviews section give a good over view of the lights. But if you are wanting personal experiences I can understand the need for answers.

I just got the EagleTac T20C2 MKII with the OP reflector and I can't say enough about it. LOTS of accessories, it can tail stand with the included tail cap boot. Can use either 2xCR123 or 1x18650 and has other options if you want them later like RGB filters and tactical remote.

Nice user interface. Do wish it could go lower than 5 lumens though. Walking around the house at night the 5 lumens seems too bright to maintain night vision. But overall its great!

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/264658

Quote:
Can anyone post a screenshot with the JetBeam M-III and T20C2 together?

A few pictures down there is a comparison with:
From left to right: Surefire CR123A, EagleTac T20C2 MarkII, original T20C2, Olight M20, JetBeam Jet-III M.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my original 6P body (gotta use 17670s instead of 18650) with a Solarforce S5 tail and A001 Head with a Malkoff M61 drop in. The overly aggressive SS strike bezel blocks so much of that lovely spill so I use the other bezel that came with the head. I'm going to do a review of the M61 along with some beamshots comparing it to a Solarforce 3-Mode R2 drop-in, a Nitecore Extreme R2, and a Quark Mini 123 XPG-R5 as soon as it gets dark and I have a little more time to play with it (the M61). I just got mine yesterday and have had the girlfriend over so I haven't had much time to dork out on it yet! I'll keep you guys posted if anyone is interested.

Shao

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Barbolight T-04 and I have to say it is fantatic. Uses either 18650 or 2/ 123's. Literally is built like a tank. All kinds of ratings ie.- 600ft waterproofness, explosion proof etc. Only has one level but the Beam is perfect! Tailstands, tactical push button and twist on. Worth looking into.:thumbsup:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, my favorite is FiveMega 1x18650 body with Malkoff M60L. I have a boatload of non-protected 18650 cells, which work well in that config, and also 2x123 should be a bit brighter.

M60L - there is nothing "low" about it, it's a very bright lite at 140 lumens on 123s, and about 100 lumens on 18650. I can tell when the cell is discharged to 3.7V.

It lacks sophistication and multiple modes but it's very reliable. Always works.

FiveMega_18650.jpg

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
My P20C2 is brighter and whiter than my Quark 2 X 123. The Quark is a little more comfortable in my pocket though. If size isn't a key I'd go with the T20C2. The throw is better.

Hen

Newly Enlightened
Its so hard to keep up. New lights spring up every day. I am not really using the light for any practical way but i travel a lot and just wanted something nice to keep by my side and to play with. I already bought 2 lights (Fenix TK11 and QMiniAA), but i guess i am going light craze. I'll just keep reading and decide later. I am also going another route, waiting on the Fenix TK45 to come out.

Thanks guys for the suggestion.