What's your car EDC?

GoVegan

Enlightened
I've had a driving license for nearly 30 years but I've never owned a car nor do I have any need to own one. It may come as surprise to some, but my legs and public transport have got me everywhere I needed to get to in life and when needed I have just rented vehicles.
However, hypothetically speaking if I did have a car, for emergency use I would probably keep a couple of LightStar 325 Dual Output Flashlights (325 / 35 lumens, in orange) in it, with Lithium AA batteries, and 4 spare batteries for each light. Additionally for everyday use, I'd probably go for a Streamlight Stinger with the cradle charger connected up.
Oh and of course a Petzl e+lite headlamp, because they are small and have a 10 year battery shelf life.

Anyway every car should have at least one headlamp, as flashlights just don't even compare for practicality.

mhpreston

Enlightened
Good call, GoVegan! Oddly enough, I was in a hire car not long ago and of course realised I had nothing apart from the standard hazard triangle and my (*gasp*) iPhone. How embarrassment for a torch fan...

Just shows the importance of getting into the habit of personal EDC as well as something for the car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I've had a driving license for nearly 30 years but I've never owned a car nor do I have any need to own one. It may come as surprise to some, but my legs and public transport have got me everywhere I needed to get to in life and when needed I have just rented vehicles.
However, hypothetically speaking if I did have a car, for emergency use I would probably keep a couple of LightStar 325 Dual Output Flashlights (325 / 35 lumens, in orange) in it, with Lithium AA batteries, and 4 spare batteries for each light. Additionally for everyday use, I'd probably go for a Streamlight Stinger with the cradle charger connected up.
Oh and of course a Petzl e+lite headlamp, because they are small and have a 10 year battery shelf life.

Anyway every car should have at least one headlamp, as flashlights just don't even compare for practicality.

You obviously live nowhere near me. LOL Your points, however, show that on this topic, we think similarly.