What's Your Collection's Net Worth?

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
How much money have you invested into your light collection?
If you added up the numbers, how much would it cost to replace it all?

I know there are other threads that list models, but this one could just be total price.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I really don't know, how much I spent, nor how much it would cost to replace them. Many of my lights are out of production, and would be hard to find an exact replacement, although many are available as a 2nd or 3rd generation.

Also I have a lost box of them, somewhere. I guess they won't count. I also gifted some really decent lights, because although, I could really appreciate them, but they weren't being used, so I gave them away to people who would put them to better use.

I probably have about $400 in batteries, not including my 18V Ryobi tool batteries that can also run lanterns, and a flashlight.

About $300 in Convoy lights, perhaps 20 @ $15 each.
And then all of those lights @ $60-$80 add up quickly, with a few @ $200 each.

So I guess that puts me at about $1800 to $2000.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Perhaps $500 total.

A handful of Malkoff M61 LED modules with SolarForce bodies
12 fresh Panasonic NCR18650B protected cells
1 4sevens Quark 123 Tactical XP-G R5
1 LambdaLights 2D MagLite custom X-ML
1 GyrFalcon AL-88 charger.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
Add a zero or two, right?
Replacement cost? I wouldn't take a million dollars for my collection, but I wouldn't give you a nickel for another one.
I dont blame you on that one bit, although I would have to take the $ myself. I would say mine are irreplaceable & guessing maybe $6-8K? But I could never get them replaced for that, not even close

Attachments

• lightsincabinet.jpg
    lightsincabinet.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 246

fredx

Newly Enlightened
Know anyone who MIGHT?
Pretty sure it would only be long time members like us

fredx

Newly Enlightened
Funny old post said I hope my wife doesn't sell my lights for what I told her I paid for them.
I am lucky my wife has NEVER in 35 yrs of marriage ever even one time said one word about me spending $

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add a zero or two, right?
Replacement cost? I wouldn't take a million dollars for my collection, but I wouldn't give you a nickel for another one.

Honestly, if someone called me and said Nicholas Cage was opening a flashlight museum and needed my collection? Yeah, I'd cash right out. I have a lot of hobbies to fall back on.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am lucky my wife has NEVER in 35 yrs of marriage ever even one time said one word about me spending $
And well she should not. I am a bachelor, but it seems to me most married don't seem to understand what marriage is. These days, marriage is for procreation, to support the wife while she raises children, which is not a man's role. He only supports his wife. Otherwise, children get screwed up, and without children, there is absolutely no valid reason for a woman to marry no matter how in love she is, unless she enjoys being marginalized. And if by chance you win the big lottery, the smartest thing she could do is divorce you immediately, again, no matter how happy or in love you both are. But in my experience, married people are exceptionally cynical about love. tl;dr it's an equal partnership, not a free maid/cook/laundry. I suppose you're enlightned, fredfred, except the part where you think you're lucky she hasn't said anything, You shouldn't have expected it.

And stand together yet not too near
together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow
not in each other's shadow.

Last edited: