When did SF jack up prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipspeak

Enlightened
I've been a bit out of the loop (and sorry if this has been discussed already) but was thinking of buying an E1B as a gift UNTIL I discovered that the price at most online retailers is now $149. It used to be closer to $110 didn't it? Am I mistaken or did the price jump in the last few months? If so then SF just lost my business. I'm happy to pay a premium for SF lights but $150 for a 1-cell, 4-inch long light is just rediculous IMO.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inflation and they can!

REI still sells a few models at the "old" price. E1L, E2L, G2L,6PL, and L2. If you're a member they have a 20% off coupon for one item.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
It was mid year, I'm sure the search feature will be your friend, there were a lot of posts about it (most got deleted by the mods as duplicates raised by people who didn't bother to read the really long post that ran to several pages...)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a bit out of the loop (and sorry if this has been discussed already) but was thinking of buying an E1B as a gift UNTIL I discovered that the price at most online retailers is now $149. It used to be closer to $110 didn't it? Am I mistaken or did the price jump in the last few months? If so then SF just lost my business. I'm happy to pay a premium for SF lights but $150 for a 1-cell, 4-inch long light is just rediculous IMO.

I think it´s unfair too.

I think a Surefire E1B values 110 dollars, but I don´t think it values 150 dollars. For this price, you can get a better light of other brand.

I remember that I bought a L1 (outstanding little light... I love mine) and paid 120 dollars. I think right now it is more than 160 dollars.

RIDICULOUS! :thumbsdow

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check eBay from time to time. I'm still finding Surefire lights, new in box, for considerably less than the current MSRP.

Just be careful to make sure that you are buying the new versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.