when will the "EAGLETAC D25C XM-L2 U2 " be released for sale?

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Just received my D25C Clicky! This is my first EagleTac light. Build quality seems pretty good, although the threads seem a bit rough. Going to clean them up and put a bit of lube on them when I get home from work later today and see if it helps. Aside from that, build quality seems good- about what you would expect for a flashlight. Kind of weird getting used to the reverse clicky. I bought the D25C with an EagleTac 16340, but I don't have my charger on me, so I can't test the voltage and see if it's fully charged, so I don't want to mess with it yet. For now, I just stuck a CR123A in, but have yet to have a chance to play with it.

myst999

Newly Enlightened
I have the 2013 D25C Clicky Ti which doesn't lose any modes (low/medium still work) when using a 16340 Li-ion battery. Does the new D25C XM-L2 U2 non Ti version lose any modes when using a 16340 Li-ion battery?

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 2013 D25C Clicky Ti which doesn't lose any modes (low/medium still work) when using a 16340 Li-ion battery. Does the new D25C XM-L2 U2 non Ti version lose any modes when using a 16340 Li-ion battery?

We don't know for sure yet, but the 2013 black aluminum appears to use the same circuit driver as the 2012 black aluminum, so you will lose medium mode.

myst999

Newly Enlightened
We don't know for sure yet, but the 2013 black aluminum appears to use the same circuit driver as the 2012 black aluminum, so you will lose medium mode.

Just ordered the D25C XM-L2 U2 non Ti version so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks!

PANGES

Newly Enlightened

Bah, for the sake of science, I'll test out the 16340 for you in my XML2 D25C... Give me a sec...

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
I seem to still have all of my modes with the 16340... but the highest setting doesn't seem much different with the 16340 than the CR123A.... perhaps it's too bright out right now at my office to really tell... =/

I'll play with it some more later tonight and confirm.

edit: Wanted to put in a quick note and say that the EagleTac 16340 is a rather tight fit (it's a tiny bit thicker than the FourSevens CR123A) and it takes a bit more effort to put in and take out of the light.

edit edit: the low and medium are definitely brighter with the 16340, and the high is brighter than the med... so I would say it's safe to say you still get you low, med, and high. This is with a non-ti D25C clicky w/ XM-L2

Last edited:

myst999

Newly Enlightened
I seem to still have all of my modes with the 16340... but the highest setting doesn't seem much different with the 16340 than the CR123A.... perhaps it's too bright out right now at my office to really tell... =/

I'll play with it some more later tonight and confirm.

edit: Wanted to put in a quick note and say that the EagleTac 16340 is a rather tight fit (it's a tiny bit thicker than the FourSevens CR123A) and it takes a bit more effort to put in and take out of the light.

edit edit: the low and medium are definitely brighter with the 16340, and the high is brighter than the med... so I would say it's safe to say you still get you low, med, and high.

That is great about having all the modes! Thanks for checking on that. I have some Keeppower 16340's so I'll see how tightly they fit.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
That is great about having all the modes! Thanks for checking on that. I have some Keeppower 16340's so I'll see how tightly they fit.

No problem! It's a little strange using a reverse clicky, but overall, I like the light quite a bit. Took me a little bit of playing to get used to the UI, but I'm starting to warm up to it rather quickly. My only complaint would just be non-anodized threads. The bare aluminum threads feel a bit rough.

One more thing I'd like to note- if i recall correctly, on the older D25C's, EagleTac said it was only ok to use 16340's in their Ti lights, but I noticed in the user manual of my non-Ti D25C, they mention that you can use 16340's.

Last edited:

Sh3ngLong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to this thread, I just picked up the G25C2 XM-L2 from LightJunction! :D

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

edit: the low and medium are definitely brighter with the 16340, and the high is brighter than the med... so I would say it's safe to say you still get you low, med, and high. This is with a non-ti D25C clicky w/ XM-L2

Well then, based on your observations, it is likely the 2013 black aluminum D25C XM-L2 U2 uses the same A950RC-III circuit driver as the 2013 D25C Titanium and not the A950RC-I circuit driver from the 2012 black aluminum D25C. Therefore, you will not get the ridiculously bright 770+ lumens because the driver is much more regulated and not going super direct drive crazy. It's a compromise between keeping medium mode but losing the stupid bright turbo mode.

Your observations seem to match exactly what CPF users were reporting when the 2013 D25C Titanium came out "with dimmable output when using li-ion" feature was added into the new circuit. This means the 2012 black aluminum D25C XM-L U2 is still the smallest, brightest 16340 light for now.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
I'm looking to pick up a D25C Ti XM-L2 U2 and can't find them anywhere! Anyone have a lead yet?!

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
^ I believe someone mentioned that the Ti XM-L2's are all sold out already.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
I bought the D25C with an EagleTac 16340, but I don't have my charger on me, so I can't test the voltage and see if it's fully charged, so I don't want to mess with it yet. For now, I just stuck a CR123A in, but have yet to have a chance to play with it.

Wait until you charge it, or test voltage with a multimeter.

I bought my D25LC2 with am Eagletac 18650, my charger isn't here yet either, so I bought a multimeter. Voltage is only 3.5 which according to charts on previous threads = empty, lower would be over discharged.

So I bought some cr123's to play with until my charger arrives.

Wow this thing is blindingly bright on the higher settings. About to test it outdoors in a dark area.

PS even tho the boxes have the old XM-L specs, if it has the yellow XM-L2 Free Upgrade sticker, it is the XM-L2.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's safe to run rechargeables down to 2.8 volts, not sure how hard it draws as the voltage drops but 3.5 volts should be safe to test it briefly ;)

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ I believe someone mentioned that the Ti XM-L2's are all sold out already.

No. Retailers selling a pre-order sometimes the webpage list 'Sold Out' until the stock arrives, even though they haven't even received their first shipment yet.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
No. Retailers selling a pre-order sometimes the webpage list 'Sold Out' until the stock arrives, even though they haven't even received their first shipment yet.

Hmm. I guess just no one has them in stock now.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
IMG_20130329_104607_zps77ecf8cb.jpg

joelbnyc

Enlightened
What keychain light is that? Looks nice, small and unobtrusive!

4sevens Preon P0, one of the 2 smallest AAA lights in the world. I love it, but I had to demagnetize the tail magnet so it wouldn't clkump to the keychain. Easy mod, 15 seconds holding the tail in a lighter flame.