When you die who gets your lights?

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I guess that if they are still alive when I die, my brother and father will probably get them. I don't realy have anyrealy nice lights (yet:)) so it does'nt realy matter. It's not like they're worth enough to be of any real financial signifigance and and as far as any sentimental value, I guess that if the people who are still here after Im' gone want one of my lights to keep in my memory, then I would be honored for them to do so.
Then again, maybe I will have my lights sold and the money can be used to make a monument to all flashaholics. Like a big flashlight statue in the middle of a field with a billion lumen bulb and the names and screennames of all the truly hardcore fallen flashaholics that are deemed worthy by the International Society of Flashlight Enthusiasts. (which I am sure will exist at some point in the future).

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I think i'll have to have all my lights buried with me in the "on" position...plugged into an underground outlet. My LEDs will stay on for 1o years straight! That should be long enough to get me there.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
You leave instructions that family take any they want and the rest are all mailed to Sasha or your favorite forum moderator for the CPF memorial auction. What else would a good CPFer do? Besides, imagine the ebay listing someone else would write:

For Sale:

"Big Green Maglight, pretty bright, uses weird little batteries and some kind of funny looking flat plastic replacement bulb and I think its got circuits or something in it?

No reserve, 'cause it's got some scratches on it, also I'm not sure how to turn it on or off, it's been running every since my spouse died last month, and nobody here can make it stop. It's not as bright as it was a month ago, but they always did like it. Also has marks on the biggest lense where I think solder dripped on it??"

summerwind

Newly Enlightened
i'm willing mine to be distributed evenly to all of you, so you all better give me a good deal on the things i want, and when i want 'em...............:buddies:

Last edited:

TMorita

Enlightened
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the obvious.

I would stipulate that my funeral be held in a dark room, then specify my flashlights to be handed out at the door to the attendees so they can see in the dark, and hopefully after they see the utility of the each flashlight. Then, they can either keep it or give it back after the funeral.

(In my case, it would be headlamps, but you get the idea)

Toshi

DogLeg

Newly Enlightened
Global warming, terrorism, world hunger, genocide, and of course: WHO GETS THE DEAD GUY'S FLASHLIGHTS.

Yep, all these are critically important issues of the first order.

Don't bother with a will, just get a life or at least a tiny clue.

Last edited:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Global warming

Pulling my weight on this one.

terrorism

Overblown. In my country the reaction is worse than the problem.

world hunger

Can't do nothin' about it.

genocide

My kin know a thing or two about this. Not happening here or anywhere I influence.

WHO GETS THE DEAD GUY'S FLASHLIGHTS.

Yep, this one I have a chance with.

just get a life

But what would I *do* with one???

or at least a tiny clue

If you're looking for the WorldPeaceJustice&EnlightenmentNow forum, it's a couple of IP addresses down and to the left.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
Thanks Ken_McE for the response to DogLeg. I was going to write something similar but not as insightful. Hey DogLeg why are you wasting ANY time posting here when there are so many ills in the world to conquer? :thumbsdow Go save the world. Reading and posting here helps me forget all those problems that I know I cannot solve. Make sure you email everyone when you achieve world peace.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Folks - PLEASE REMEMBER "Attack the post - NOT the poster"..

I'm hoping that DogLeg & Ken meant their posts to be taken in jest...at least that's the way I took them (though the posts tended to take the topic further off course from it's original intent).

We can all get along and hopefully nothing posted here in this thread will be taken in a negative way from here on? :thinking:

:thanks: & PLEASE keep the thread on the track?!

Last edited:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
tron3 said:
Do they make one that can penetrate the smoke and brimstone? :candle:

Forget LED. Maybe an (incandescent) streamlight FIREBOX™ ?