Where did the 1xAA lights go?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if 1xAA lights are going out of favor, what's the go-to format for people who just want an easy to find battery and aren't interested in investing in rechargeables?

Is that demographic using 2xAA? Or something else?

Yes. The 2xAA, 3xAA and 3xAAA configurations work FAR better with batteries with limited current capabilities (ie alkaleaks). Only the very least powerful 1xAA lights will work well with alkaline batteries due to the high current nature of 1xAA lights.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. The 2xAA, 3xAA and 3xAAA configurations work FAR better with batteries with limited current capabilities (ie alkaleaks). Only the very least powerful 1xAA lights will work well with alkaline batteries due to the high current nature of 1xAA lights.

I use ZL every day with leakers and they are spectacular.
Pretty sure these are among the very most powerful 1AA lights.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long can you run it on the higher settings? Can you even get five minutes at H1?

I don't need to run it on in general high for daily use.
These lights are also exceptional at sipping battery power and work well for me at lower more practical levels for my use too.
These work far better for me than trying to get more output than I need anyway and recharging which is just not always a practical option for me.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can find one or two single-AA models at places like Wal-Mart. But the selection is nothing special.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three on me right now:
Coast HX5 adjustable focus
Utorch UT01
Promier LiteZall 280 zoomie.

I use NiMh rechargeables in all of them.

Latest posts