Where to find bulb for older Pelican M6?

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened
Hello, All,

I have an old Pelican M6 Lithium (that's all that it has written on it: there is no ``2320'' after the ``M6''). The bulb is separate from the reflector, and is mounted on a knurled aluminum disc which screws into the body. The reflector screws into the head, and there is a plastic washer which separates the reflector from the bulb assembly.

The only bulb I can find on the intertubes is the 2324, which has an integral reflector and doesn't look as if it would fit.

Does anyone know where to find a replacement bulb? Better yet, has anyone built an LED dropin for this old thing?

Thanks!
Nels

seale_navy

Enlightened
did u try contacting pelican on this? if u explain to them that u have a hard time locating the replacement bulb.. they may actually send u one for free...

they are quite good in terms of customer service and generally speaking their lifetime gurantee is not as strict as Surefire.

they lifetime gurantee is better than surefire IMO.

trying calling pelican if u are in the USA..

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, All,

I have an old Pelican M6 Lithium (that's all that it has written on it: there is no ``2320'' after the ``M6''). The bulb is separate from the reflector, and is mounted on a knurled aluminum disc which screws into the body. The reflector screws into the head, and there is a plastic washer which separates the reflector from the bulb assembly.

The only bulb I can find on the intertubes is the 2324, which has an integral reflector and doesn't look as if it would fit.

Does anyone know where to find a replacement bulb? Better yet, has anyone built an LED dropin for this old thing?

Thanks!
Nels

Have you tried a Surefire P60 lamp assy. from a 6P? I don't know if it works, but I have a single cell version of the Pelican M6 and it will work with the P60 (not at full brightness with one cell, but it will work). P60 type led drop-in's work too. Just a thought...

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
the bulb module 2324 may not sit in the tube because the threads make the tube narrower.

i have bought 3rd party LED drop-in for my 2320 (also threaded) & my newer 2390 from MTE. it fits into the space just fine, just need to remove the original reflector by unscrewing the front end of the light where the plastic window sits.

newer versions of the Pelican M6 replacement Xenon bulb has the reflector as a whole. works to draw heat away from the bulb & also lightly the older reflector could have been badly scratched by cleaning. :ohgeez:

check out P60 sized led drop-ins (Part 2) in the LED forum.

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the reflector out of your light's bezel. The newest lamp should fit without any other modification.

-dan

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened
Socom, I did try a P60 in it, and it fit, loosely, but wouldn't light.

Seal, I did send them an email. Still waiting for a reply, so thought I'd try here. Good to hear that they have good customer service.

Dano , since you're saying that the 2324 might work, I'll probably give it a try. They're not too spendy.

Sore-eyes, since I did try the P60, and it fit but didn't light, I'm not optimistic about the P60 dropins. The way the bulb assembly screws into the body should give wonderful heat transfer; possibly better than the new style.

Thanks for the input, guys. If somebody actually has one of these old-school M6s with the screw-in bulb assembly, I'd still like to hear from him.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
P60 not lighting up? hmmm, i've not tried that because its Surefire, the MTE drop-in costs SGD$30.

link: http://www.mteccd.com/

its the lamp module that states D-7011. just dun believe the lumen value, but its still brighter than the 3-watt 2390 from Pelican.:twothumbs realistically it should be about 70 lumen in Pelican's term with about 2hours runtime (naked eye test) before declining. just slide out the larger spring, i believe they included it for other P60 style lights.

by the way, i have 2 LED module from them. 1 for my 2330 & another for the 2390. no issues so far after months of use.

fyi, the old school screw in bulb assembly would be incand with under an hour's runtime.

Last edited:

nelstomlinson

Newly Enlightened