Which knife do you edc???

heathah

Newly Enlightened
Currently: Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Mini-Covert

Soon: Buck Strider Tarani 882-SBTG (Once it is delivered!)

attowatt

Enlightened
diggdug13 said:
[ QUOTE ]
attowatt said:
Spyderwrench

dsc008143vl.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

attowatt (or anyone with a spyderwrench)

how do you like it? I've been drooling over one of these for a very long time now.

doug

I LOVE IT!!!!! I changed out the flat blade bits for torx bits. I also use the "lobster claw" more than the needle nose on leatherman. This is the only knife/tool that I know of that separates into 2 pieces as a screwdriver and a wrench. If you can find 1 get it. If you dont like it... sell it to me as I cant find anymore.

Jim

ZeissOEM2

Enlightened
I EDC a GERBER FS IIV,and just now,I am working with the FS 1 Wilkinson Sword.I have to put some oil on the blade and the scabbard .

sniper

Enlightened
A never-ending quest. In the beginning, was the Swiss Army Knife. I lost about 3, but still have the last two. I then got a small Gerber FSIID, and finally gave it to a friend, who loves it. Next, I got a CKRT Mirage before they were discontinued, but didn't really like it. Sold it, and went back to my Swiss Army knife.

Recently, Cabela's opened a store near me, and my kids gave me a gift certificate. So, for my birthday, I spent a greater part of the day in the store. WOW! My wife is taking me again tomorrow! :clap:

I really looked at the Kershaw Leek, Gerber AR 3.00, and Air Ranger, which are great knives, but settled on the Benchmade Mini Griptilian, although it cost about double. I love it! Light, compact; (blade 2.9 in., per literature) mine is 2 7/8" & a smidge--close enough for me, unobtrusive, Scary SHARP! and not all that expensive, 'specially if you have a gift certificate. :)

That is in addition to my hunting knives--a Browning 3" drop point I got in the mid 70's , a Buck hunter, and a Schrade Golden Spike that my wife bought me last Christmas. Now all I gotta do is figure which one(s) I am taking Antelope hunting next week. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

Phreeq

Newly Enlightened
I now EDC a Benchmade 707 clipped to my RF pocket.
Used to EDC a CRKT M16-13 before.
I like the Axis lock of the BM 707 a lot better than the liner lock on the M16. As another plus the BM707 does look a lot less agressive than the CRKT M16-13.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a Buck/Mayo TNT and my new Strider RG GB. I also carry my Firestorm!!! The Strider in a sheath on my belt, the TNT in my LEFT front pocket, and my Gerber Firestorm in the RIGHT front pocket. If I don't carry the Firestorm, the TNT rides in my RIGHT front pocket.

Last edited:

NoShadow

Enlightened
GiveMeLight said:
I EDC (on me) the smallest frame size Swiss Army knife... although it has a few more tools than the "Classic". -The pen comes in handy quite often... I can't find the exact model for sale anymore, and I forget the model name... I find that it serves my needs 98% of the time :)
I also EDC a Gerber pliers multi-tool in my laptop bag.
Gabe
17453412-S.jpg

Looks like a new Mini-Champ.

WDR65

Enlightened
Mine varies, I carry either a Spyderco Delica Olive Drab or a Black Endura a lot of times. I also carry a CRKT M16-Z at times and I have new cheap BM Pika that I carry occasionally. The Delica is probably the one you'll catch me with most often as its smaller and less intimidating to most people. Lots of people carry knives around here, but I try not to draw too much attention. I keep looking hard at the Benchmade 923 series with its two blades but that will have to be filed away for the future.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I have in my waistpouch now is a Leatherman Micra.

I'm looking for the following -

- Boker Ceramic Gamma 88 (Ceramic blade)

- Boker Zeta 188 (Cera-Titan blade)

- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop point, Combo edge, Blue handle BM556S-BLU

- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop Point, Combo edge, Yellow Handle BM556S-YEL

- Benchmade Mini Griptilian, Drop Point, Combo edge, Green Handle BM556S-GRN

- Model 558 Doug Ritter Mini-RSK Mk1 (Yellow handle)

Please let me know if anyone has one to let go cheap with details re. condition, age, price & shipping to Singapore. TIA. :)

Oh no, another expensive hobby! :crazy:

drizzle

Enlightened
prescottrecorder said:
Chris Reeve mnandi mammoth ivory. Great knife that looks like a pen in my pocket. Not scary to others in my work environment.

You piqued my interest with that knife and when I went to the web page for the knife I got a lot more interested. Then I looked at the price and choked.

I don't consider myself cheap but I just can't see spending that kind of money on a knife. I won't say it's not worth the money; I would just be afraid of carrying something like that around and possibly losing it.

I EDC a Leatherman Micra. I find I use the scissors more than anything else; very handy.

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a Victorinox "SwissChamp". It has handled everything that has come my way and then some. My next knife purchase will be a "Swisstool X". What the SwissChamp can't handle, the Swisstool X should.

SoCal80

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone! I just bought my first Benchmade today and will be using it as my EDC. I am very excited and am looking forward to purchasing more that are on my wish list. Another hobby that will become very expensive in a short period of time. Anyhow, I ended up getting the Benchmade 553SBCOD Griptilian Tanto knife. I like this knife a lot!

Pic#1
870470f9.jpg
870470f9.jpg

Last edited:

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I have carried a Victorinox SwissTool for the last three years. I prefer it to some other multitools because it has a locking devive for each blade/tool.
I use it daily.

Tony2001

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a S.O.G Flash 1 all black, small, light, tough, discreet clip, easy open, when I wear this on my shirt or pants people think it's a pen. Along with this I also carry a CRKT M-16 Tanto blade with rat bites, love the slim profile and finger saving hilt, keep this in my bag, clipped on my pants it seems somewhat obvious. Last but not least, another EDC is my Buck SBMF 889, nice sized hefty heavy duty blade, bit too bulky to wear clipped at work, that stays in the bag also. Along with my cell phone, stock E2e & spare batteries.

Wish I could post pics, but for whatever reason, I cant