Which knife do you edc???

OddOne

Enlightened
Currently a CMG Infinity Ultra (pre-Gerber) and two pocket screwdrivers in left shirt pocket, heavily modded LED Lenser V2 3w 2x123 in right pants pocket, and Gerber Legend 800 multitool on belt.

Tomorrow I add a SOG X-Ray Vision (SOG's answer to Emerson's CQC series, apparently, using the same grade of steel but for half the $) to the mix. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

oO

Bradlee

Enlightened
I EDC (except when at school) a CRKT Rollock (slick auto-like action, but without the whole illeagal business), but carry my Gerber Chameleon II when in more demanding situations.

Ordin_Aryguy

Newly Enlightened
For the past dozen or so years a Benchmade AFCK has been in my right front pocket. Every pair of jeans I own has knife profile outlined with in faded white lines from years of carry.

Want to feel "naked"? Leave home without your favorite knife. I'd sooner leave my shoes home.

Ordin

Jefff

Enlightened
my home made jobbie.. I used a boker magnum blade and pocket clip and my winchester case that i had broken the blade from .. had to use the dremal on the blade to fit it but the pocket clip is a bolt right on .. anyway I like it and it is now truley mine after the mod's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
picture116small5mf.jpg

picture115wince4dl.jpg

picture109wince3ji.jpg

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
I edc a MOD STH685 manual which my son got for me, not too small, not too large, but just right.

cdf

Enlightened
I just got a Strider PT , sub 3" but all Strider . This bumps my other EDC's . I usually carry a Vic. Spirit ( of duty)or a Vic. Electrician (while working ). I also carry a Benchmade 960 or Chris Reeves Mnandi in my shirt pocket siding my pens .

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just made a drastic change in my Knife EDC by purchasing two new knives for me to edc.

1. Boker Infinity, Ceramic 3.38 in. Drop Point blade, plain edged. Zytel handle for general carry with a clip.

2. Boker Ceramic Lockback, With a Titanium handle for pocket carry.

I don't have em yet but I've been in love with ceramic blades for a while now.

Doug

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Whatever you do, don't cut anything hard with those, nor try to do the slightest bit of prying!

Also, while you can sharpen them yourself using a diamond stone, you need to watch your angles. They require a blunter angle than steel knives do. 35 to 40 degrees.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the gouge, I knew about the sharpening, I was planning on sending it back for pro sharpening. I didn't know about the prying but I usually don't use a knife to pry things.

thanks again
doug

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I would have sworn I already answered this "SAK Tinker in left front and SAK Classic in watch pocket".

But the Tinker has been retired in favor of a Schrade Lock-Back 50T after the SAK tried a couple of times to cut me by folding up at the wrong time!

The Classic comes out for the Scissors mostly (and any time I think there could be ANY problem with the bigger Schrade!).

I used to fool myself by carrying a Tactical one hand knife clipped in my right front, but I know I don't know enough to use a knife for defense. I try to use my brain (and keep the scowl on my face) to stay safe.

suertetres

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Kershaw Blackout straight blade. I love it, assit open and sharp as anything, pretty light too. That is in my right front pocket and on my hip in a sheath is my Leatherman Charge Ti

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Benchmade 940, Benchmade Mini-griptillian D2 or BM Snody Resistor Auto. I have a couple of Buck 110's and SAK that I like for camping and such but I go with the BM for EDC.

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
Spyderco Calypso Jr. Plain Edge -- it's nickname as a 'pocket scalpel' is well deserved.

TOB9595

Enlightened
for the past week or so a BM 635, Mini Skirmish.
Quite a lovely knife. I expect it to do ALL that I ask of it.
Tom

Latest posts