Which manufacturer has the nicest overall design

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aesthetics is a subjective topic, personally I think the PA40 looks way better than the rather ugly BC40 :thumbsup:

I prefer the look/design of my older Surefire and Streamlight lights (even dare I say Cabella's Alaskan Guide) to many on offer currently, each to his own I suppose... speaking of which! :naughty:

scaled.php

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
M@elstrom,
In your earlier post you mention the Cabelas Alaskan guide, I have the led version of it and love the interface and the looks are good also. I hardly use it because the 3 small led bulbs have too much of a blue tint. If I ever mod a flashlight, my Alaskan Guide will have those 3 LEDs replaced with something of better tint quality.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
M@elstrom,
In your earlier post you mention the Cabelas Alaskan guide, I have the led version of it and love the interface and the looks are good also. I hardly use it because the 3 small led bulbs have too much of a blue tint. If I ever mod a flashlight, my Alaskan Guide will have those 3 LEDs replaced with something of better tint quality.

I'm not familiar with the internals of the LED version but my red LED/Xenon light is one of my favourites, as such items are not available locally I rely on the internet (and CPF market place) to acquire them...

As it's not a commonly modified light you'll have to do all the process R&D yourself however good luck with your proposed modification, I'll look forward to seeing a write-up should it eventuate :thumbsup:

Another subjectively pleasing to the eye flashlight IMHO is the Ultrastinger :cool:

scaled.php

And not to be outdone Surefire's traditionally beautiful A2 incandescent :D

scaled.php

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not the best light, but the minimaglite design is clean and timeless

Bigpal

Enlightened
Aesthetics is a subjective topic, personally I think the PA40 looks way better than the rather ugly BC40

This is exactly why I wanted to have this discussion. It's interesting how people can look at the exact same thing and think the exact opposite.

I actually just ordered the BC40 from Shiningbeam, and you probably would never think of it.

LGT

Enlightened
The cylindrical look with as little as possible variation in thickness from lens to tailcap is what appeals to me. So, because it's shape hasn't varied througout the years, I really like the design of HDS lights. Some have said "out dated." But it's just a matter of opion. I also like the simple, IMO,design of many of the Surefires.

ev13wt

Newly Enlightened
Thank good good design is subjective. Haiku is pretty much, for me at least, the current pinnacle of design for a flashlight.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is exactly why I wanted to have this discussion. It's interesting how people can look at the exact same thing and think the exact opposite.

I actually just ordered the BC40 from Shiningbeam, and you probably would never think of it.

They say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder..." this was never more accurate than when applied to concept of aesthetics, I just purchased a Klarus XT11 and you're 100% correct I'd never have looked twice at the BC40, without varied tastes (and operational requirements) consider just how limited the options for flashlights would be :eek:

rastigo

Newly Enlightened
I find the eagletac's specially the d25lc2 very practical and good design lights. small but extremely beautiful

Terrasolo

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure I have any one brand that I prefer over others but the Stanley 95-112 Tripod LED Flashlight is pretty cool to me. Too many times have I run out of hands while working on a project and tried to rig up something to hold the flashlight for me. [h=1][/h]

Bigpal

Enlightened
Oddly enough I chose primarily on the features, size and design I require for a duty light... however I must agree it looks nice too! :D

All the right reasons for choosing a light. When actually buying one, I think looks may be one of the less important criteria.

FPSRelic

Enlightened
This LUX-RC looks like the nicest overall design to me:
clip1.jpg

If McGizmo's and Mac's Customs lights are disqualified from this thread, then so unfortunately are Quazzle's Lux-RC lights. I do beleive the engine in this light is the same one used by Torchlab's triple P60 drop ins. And it can be ordered with a power button made from gemstones like opal or agate.

Back on topic. another vote for Surefire. IMO they're one of the most copied light designed out there. And I have to agree with Skyfire about the lx2 being one of the most awesome looking lights.

Latest posts