Which would you buy A2 OR L4?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
cheapo said:
i'd go with the l4. if you want an a2, just get an e2e and a keychain 5mm light.

-david

If you're scared and panicy (common for ghost hunts) you don't want to fumble around for a brighter light - A2 - one shop ghost stop!

Also if you are with others in the dark - you don't want to dazzle them and miss something. Especially if you are recording on video - night vision mode etc. In fact I believe it is accepted that you should ask before shining a very bright torch that will disturb other paranormal investigators. If you go wading in and wanging about an HID or equivalent - you may be asked to leave.

No fun hunting ghosts on your own!!! I've tried...

Be lucky....

Illum

Flashaholic
Personally I want the L4, but since the IC thats responsible for my judgement has been expertly tempered and shorted by carrot, I'd buy the A2 anyday:ohgeez:

EDIT: Carrot won.....:ohgeez:

Last edited:

waterboiler

Newly Enlightened
I have the A2 and L2 and bought the L2 over the L4 due to its two stage design. That said I think the versatility of the A2 will win out over the L4, if that was your only light. If you are just looking for your "next" light ( as I always seem to be these days ) then the flood of the L4 may be of more value. If you have a low level light and a throw light already.

IMHO the A2 and L4 compliment each other and do not replace each other. The L2/A2 choice is a whole other debate.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would not pick the A2 or L2, but would go for my KL5, and the A2. The latest KL5's (L5) are super bright, and cool running. There is the size difference between the KL5 and L4, L2, but a small light is not a necessity while walking, and a good holster will tuck the KL5 set-up away. The A2 will be great for nightime color rendition. You can use a 17650, or 17670 in the L5, for long runtime and quilt free lumens, or do what I did and use a TB 18650 body, for really long runtime. I sold my L4 and KL4, and am a happy guy with the KL5 setup.

Bill

wmirag

Enlightened
cheapo said:
i'd go with the l4. if you want an a2, just get an e2e and a keychain 5mm light.

-david

With all due respect, the A2 on low has significant throw. I was *startled* to note that my Arc AAA looks brighter than my A2 on low *when pointed at the ground*. But when pointed 50 feet away, the Arc casts no light and the A2 on low will light up the area with a useful amount of light. I can't explain it but it's a fact. Maybe it's the reflector. Bottom line, the A2 on low is MUCH more flashlight than a 5mm keychain light, not even considering run time.

Still, your suggestion is a nice idea.

W.

ANW

Newly Enlightened
It's amazing to me how popular the A2 light is, most likely the one i'll get. Again thank you for your input and advice.

dragoman

Enlightened
a bit late, but another vote for the A2.....

LEDs for low level, long running.....

Regulated incan for throw and color rendition.....

Beautiful light, still my favorite

dragoman

ANW

Newly Enlightened
Awww never to late dragoman, beside found out my trip was canceled due to car trouble, gives me a chance to shop around a bit before we go again. Again thank you to all who replied.