Whisler's website moved, need free counter

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Whisler\'s website moved, need free counter

I have some counters now run by andale but originally set up when they were Honesty Counters. The stupid things don`t display the count any more! They only say "thanks for looking" despite the fact that they are specifically set to display the count. I even started new ones and they do the same thing. Nowadays Andale also want your Ebay account details (which I will not give out) in order to establish/get into your old account, though I did somehow find a back-door way to log in using my old Honesty details. I would not reccomend them if you`re not using their services for selling on Ebay.

I`m partial to the Nedstat thingys. They place a small blue icon on your page (additional text alongside it like on the Torch Reviews Site entry page is entirely optional) and it logs the number of visitors, sorts by date and time etc, where they originated from if they got to your site by clicking a link, what OS, browser and display settings if the users system will give those details out (most do)and some other stuff too - but not personal things like IP addresses. I find it handy to know how many folks are visiting my pages, from what links and using what setup. The main downside is it doesn`t display a traditional counter number, visitors have to click the icon to see all the details but it`s viewable by everyone. The other downside are the Flash banner ads on the stats pages themselves (not on your own site`s pages!), but for free, it`s pretty good stuff.

http://nedstat.com

wink.gif

Whistler

Enlightened
Re: Whisler\'s website moved, need free counter

Thanks, I installed the nedstat counter. It's a little strange that there is no counted number on the website itself. But that's why it is free. Click and you will se the banners...

Latest posts