Who has the trashiest home laboratory?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I predict that Craig will be the winner, hands down.

Hmm, maybe- but he does have the neatest equipment which may cancel out any general appearence of trashiness when you look closer. After all, a neat and tidy lab just doesn`t look used does it?! At least you know that one sees lots of regular use
tongue.gif

I`m sure I win for "who takes the worst photos" though. My word they`re bad, even for me. Sorry `bout that.

rolleyes.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
"Actually, no! I stole the battery from it to remind myself why I don`t like Pal flashlights, and ran it flat when I switched the horrid little thing to "blink" instead of "off" then tossed it back in the drawer, forgetting to take the battery back out....

And I`m a fire alarm engineer too- oh, the shame "

No shame there, just pure irony...

Darell

Flashaholic
I have my power supply apart on the bench right now. Needs new transistors that I just picked up. The screws are sorted into individual magnetic holders, but my multi-meter is slightly askew. The test leads are coiled properly, but have not been bundled together as I like to keep them. The screw drivers have been returned to their homes, and the power cord has been coiled and held out of the way with wire ties. As soon as I get the supply reassembled, and I've waxed the case... and after I've swept the floor and dusted the bench, I'll take a shot to show you what it looks like around HERE usually.

Oops, I just noticed that the Panavice is askew as well. Not to worry, I'll get that fixed. And damn it all! What is THIS now? Here's a loose LED that seems to have escaped its labeled bin! I have WAY more work ahead of me than I though. Stand by.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I could write a novel with the issues I've had getting these pics posted...they're big, I'm sorry.

desk.gif

desk2.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boy, I see a lot of similarity between my own "office" and the pictures posted here! I don't think I have a choice about posting some picts of my own...

office1.jpg

This is where I sit and work all the time. It looks like there is more there than there probably is. The TV is garage sale and probably has about another 100 hours of use in it. What looks like 2 laptops is really 1 and 1 broken one. (Even the most expensive of them dont like to be dropped when the lid is open!) but still works for a server. When I'm soldering I work over on the other side here:

office2.jpg

You see, I used to live in a house that had both a garage and a full basement. Now I live in a house with neither of those things, so it's all here. But there are a few square feet to work in left and we're only here for another year.

I also see some other X10 stuff and hear mention of weather stations! I don't own a weather station yet, but I do have some temperature sensors around the house and outside that are wired into my house server here:

server.jpg

All the info and web control of my lights are available on the web via X2Web

Unfortunately, it's only recently that my time has been streched to include LED's in any quantity, so Craig and the rest of you definitely beat me in the LED and Battery department! I am throughly enjoying reading this site every day! You can send me a short message on the VFD display above my desk visible in the first picture by visiting me here And I have updated my LED page recently with a lot more stuff!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Those are AAAA batteries retrieved out of a 9v battery. The box, with all the wires coming out of it, in the window, is a hub for the sensors for the weather station. On top of the cpu is a USB 4 port hub, 2 USB serial adapters, and a USB DSL box. Left of the CPU is an A/B parrallel switch with a Click drive (40 meg removable HD) sitting on top. Behind the A/B switch is another 4 port USB hub. On the shelf, on either side of all the flashlights (about 16 Minimags in there somewhere
smile.gif
) are two radios and a Terminal Node Controller. The radio on the right is a "black box" "DC to Daylight" reciever, PC comtrolled from 300kHz to 2 GHz. The one on the left is a 144 mHz/440 mHz HAM radio.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by James S:
office2.jpg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yes, YES!, YES!!! {imitating woman in that shampoo commercial}
rolleyes.gif

Now that's more like it!!
grin.gif

The boxes and that not-quite-yet-full wastepaperbasket are a very nice touch.
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Using a winamp plug in and a program for my graphing calculator I can display the song title and some other stuff and control winamp from the calculator.

Ironic isn't it? That I would turn an expensive calculator into a simple remote...

(I use it for other things too)

I know there are at least 2 others here with the same calculator (HP 49G) so, for you, I present Winamp Remote