Who here can bore and tap 5/8x27???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I now have several 123A's with less than 3V. from 2.86 down to 2.75. My PM6 and G2 don't do well at under about 5.8V.

I have 1L and 2L TTs that I could use the batteries up in. But I like a tail clickie in that size of light (and would like to have the lights come on in LED mode every time).

So who can I send two tailcaps to for the mod???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
32 reads so far...

But I guess neither Roth nor the Chief have read this?

I can't afford to buy a tap. And even if I did, I can't see how I could hold those tailcaps steady enough without messing them up BAD!

I would also hope that whoever can do it will have a Kroll or two. I LIKE how the one I saw on DClemish's site was sunk into the cap making it hard to accidentaly activate!

Somebody has GOT to be be able to do this practically in his sleep!

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
I guess I don't understand. You would like the TT's tail cap bored to accept the Kroll? In that case, I'm pretty sure you want 5/8"-28. I don't have a tap that size, but if Roth doesn't have time, hit me up.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
roth has always been busy lately /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yea, i have been busy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it's not that time consuming to do, in fact i just did it to my dads 1l last night, and my moms about a week ago.

i could probably make a little time, i just finished up a couple of the more demanding projects.
pm me if you're interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sorry i didn't see this sooner, shifty, why didn't you tell me?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

BradN

Newly Enlightened
Hey Playboy, I see that you are in Houston. Pm me if you like and I'm sure we can talk.

Not trying to step on any toes here.