Who Wants an RC-09?

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
I definitely will. I'll post on this thread and other threads on the site. I have videos that I want to upload too. Thanks again Fenix Store!

On a side note, my girlfriend is constantly fighting me to use it. Last night she used it to navigate the house. She's turning into me, who needs to use lights in the house when you have quality flashlights lol

SV_huMMer

Newly Enlightened
I definitely will. I'll post on this thread and other threads on the site. I have videos that I want to upload too. Thanks again Fenix Store!

On a side note, my girlfriend is constantly fighting me to use it. Last night she used it to navigate the house. She's turning into me, who needs to use lights in the house when you have quality flashlights lol

Sorry for a bit of a necroposting, but let me join the crowd in congratulating PocketLight88 on this win! :) Just got my RC09 today, and I could only second a lot of what was said on this little and surprisingly versatile light!

Pictures are great, but they do not fully convey the compactness and "cuteness" of this light.

I got this light cause it ticked a number of boxes for me (some of which were pretty specific):

1) It had to be very small, even at the expense of runtime/solid grip etc. Check! It's so small that you can lose it in your pocket (well, almost ;).

2) It had to be in-light rechargeable. Initially I was set on finding a light that uses a common microUSB cable instead of a dedicated charging port, but Fenix got this one right: it still is a universal cable, that one can use to charge any other microUSB compatible devices.

3) It had to be 22.1mm head :) Yep, that was important for me, to be able to use the array of attachements that I bought for my old trusty LD20. And I have to tell that with some attachments RC09 is even a better fit (e.g. the hanging camping reflector - a longer and heavier just LD20 never felt secure and convenient in it).

4) It had to be sideswitch only - this is a strong requirement of my GF, who is not a big fan of tail clickies - they don't go together well with longer nails LOL!:))

Not to leave an overly sweet aftertaste :), I would mention a couple of things that could see some improvement going forward - in the end of the day, no light is perfect, is it? :))

A lot has been said about the UI, and while I myself strongly prefer long press for on/off rather than for mode changing, there's one thing I consider poorly designed: the way strobe is accessed. It is all too easy to accidentally activate it from any mode just by "overholding" the long press. I think the strobe should be better "hidden", for instance, should only be activated by a longpress out of a turbo mode. And I would've certainly disabled strobe from off. Hope Fenix reads this and finds it reasonnable.

Other than this, I am very happy with this little light, and hope it will serve me as well and as long, as the three other Fenix lights I have :)

neksium

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if is the right place to ask but i want to know if there is an aluminum version with xpl led.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good place to ask any Fenix questions. If we can't answer it, our Fenix engineers do.

The only RC09 Fenix has in production right now is THIS ONE. It is made of aircraft-grade aluminum and has a Cree XM-L2 U2 LED. Will that work? Remember, you can always use APP10 for 10% off all orders on Fenix Store. Then you get free USA shipping on all orders ($15 on international orders).

I don't know if is the right place to ask but i want to know if there is an aluminum version with xpl led.