Why budget lights for you?

oFUNGUSo

Newly Enlightened
i only have budget lights at this point because im just starting out. also, im broke. well.......thats not even a good excuse really. i spent 700 on a pistol, and own more good quality knives than i know what to do with. but, i shouldnt really be spending 100 or 200 dollars on lights.

ill tell you this, i just got a romisen RC-3 for 15 bucks on ebay, says it has a cree LED in it, takes either 2xAA, or breaks down and takes 1xAA or 1XCR123, it feels solid, its bright enough for anything i need it for, it looks cool, claims to be over 100 lumens (which i dont think is true)...... im pretty happy with my "budget light"

also, i DO feel temptation to try a fenix at around 50 or 60 bucks.....

Ian2381

Enlightened
I have lots of budget and expensive AA lights,

Got a MiNi AA titanium, MiNi AA neutral and regular, nitecore D10, Zebralight Sc50w, H51, etc

But in terms of reliability, I also have reliable and good quality Budget AA lights that I would recomend to anyone, Brands made by Tank007 and Romisen are below $20 but quality seems almost at par with my more expensive lights.

Get any lights made by Tank007 or Romisen and you wont be dissapointed (unless you are a perfectionist).

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
With lights, you really do get what you pay for.

I love my expensive lights. They're great. I buy budget lights mainly for things like outfitting a BOB or smaller emergency kits that will mainly sit unused. There are plenty of budget lights out there with a decent amount of build-quality for the dollar. But once again, you do get what you pay for.