Will these 18650s fit?

NRXTM

Newly Enlightened

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger SysMax i4 V2 UK.html

HKJ states in the SUMMARY section:

"Summary

A short list of the good and the bad things with the charger. I uses ++ for the really good things. things.
++ The charger uses a CC/CV algorithm.
++ The slots are long enough, all protected 18650 will fit.
+ The charger can be used on 12 volt.
+ Good indicator lights with estimation of charge in cells.
+ Can reset a LiIon protection circuit.
+ The slider has good connection with anything from 16340 to 18650 cells.
+ The charger is universal voltage, i.e. it can work on both 110/115/220/230 VAC.
- The charge current is too high for 10440 cells.
- The NiMH charge mode prevents correct handling of over discharged LiIon (This is unavoidable in a multi chemistry charger with automatic selection).
- The slider does not always move easily, when putting long cells in the charger.
- The NiMH charging algorithm does not use -dv/dt termination."

So even though those FastTech-esque protected Panasonic 3400 are kind of long at 69.35mm and pretty fat at 18.73mm in diameter, they should fit in your NC i4 v2 charger. Now...whether they fit in your particular lights, is another matter entirely.

I've got some Convoy lights coming and I'll need some more 18650s, so I'm thinking about going with the protected Pannie 3400s from r-lsales, since I've already done more than a few deals with him and everything was peachy; however, I'll need to fiddle with the cells that I already have (EagleTac 3100s, naked Pannie 3100s and naked Sanyo 2600s) in those lights, to see if there's any wiggle room before I buy the protected 3400s, since they do fall on the larger side of things.

Chris

Last edited:

NRXTM

Newly Enlightened
Thank you and sorry I should have done some research before posting

Latest posts