Will this 20mm holder work with Carclo optics?

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
In my experience, carlco lenses (purchased from future electronics) kind of work with ssc l2 holders (ordered from led supply). I was using lenses meant for use with luxeon rebels. The lenses fit, but seemed a bit loose. I tend to seal everything up with epoxy, so the loose fit was not a big issue for me.

So why not order holders from carlco? Or do you have a bunch of rebel lenses like I do?

Mark

Low_Rider

Newly Enlightened
PM Sent! :thumbsup:

I understand that the Carclo 20mm holders for the later Luxeon emitters should work just fine with the Seoul P4.

I'm not sure if an L2 holder would work with the Carclo optics or not though. I guess as long as the optic sat on top of the emitter properly it would be okay.:thinking:

Regardless, I really like the Carclo optics with the Seoul P4, they work really well for me. :cool:

Dave.

Last edited:

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Well I did check out the 3/5W L2 optic holders at Ledsupply before. I own a few 3/5W L2 optic holders already. The optic of the Carclo with it's mounting tabs looks like it would work with any L2 optic holder.

I'm trying to find 20mm holders that will work with Cree's and with Carclo optics. There was a seller on CPF I saw that sold Carclo optics but I did nto see any holders for sale. Perhaps it came with holder? I'm not sure.