• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Two Very Special Chameleons

Thanks for stepping in with the answers Troy. :thumbsup:

Chief-Yeah, the colours on the Damascus Chameleon can be enhanced by sending it back to Osprey Guy. Click here for how the colours maybe enhanced by further re-finishing.. I have no idea if it can be refinished to look like raw steel..

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

pls forgive my ignorance but it looks heat treated or blued to me, do you know if it can it be refinished to look like raw steel ?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Regentag stripped one of his and brought it back to the raw steel look. Pretty cool looking, if you ask me. Contrasting shades of white, to gray, to black. Pics can be found at FF, or drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do. ;)

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast

you wouldn't by any chance have pictures would you ? :bow:

I'm an idiot for bringing this up... the Dam Cham thread has over 24K reads, so scoring anything up is "pull up the waders time."

Here's a pic of one of Daniel's final iterations, the beauty and fun of damascus is that you can have so much fun with it. That's why we did it. :) Drop Regentag a PM over on FF, and he can give you some good info.

e0ff26f5.jpg

Chief-Yeah

Newly Enlightened

thx for the pic :thumbsup:.Thats a pretty light but I think I see the problem now,
I'm thinking stainless damacsus and this is carbon :ohgeez:.Thanks anyway for pointing me in the right direction

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

EricMack, thanks for chipping in here with the raw damcham look...

cnjl3

Enlightened

Was there an unlucky #13?
Some creators like FM never have an unlucky #13 so maybe that is why
yours is #25 of #24?

There is one which is more unique than all of them, that one is mine # 25 of 24. That's right #25 of 24 units. Amazing..I still haven't figured it out and Mr Bulk never explained it to me.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

thx for the pic :thumbsup:.Thats a pretty light but I think I see the problem now,
I'm thinking stainless damacsus and this is carbon :ohgeez:.Thanks anyway for pointing me in the right direction

Does that mean I would have to worry about rust?

chago

Newly Enlightened

Does that mean I would have to worry about rust?

Well, it depends on several factors including the humidity in your area and whether you plan to edc it :eek: I have one of these and I live in the Caribbean (i.e. very high humidity) and rust has never been an issue. Granted, I consider this light a work of "functional art", thus it's not in my edc rotation. However, even if it was, I'm pretty sure some basic maintenance would keep it looking great. Sentry Solutions Tuf Cloth or even some sporadic wiping with a bit of good'ol WD40 will be enough. Just my 2c...

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hong Kong is actually pretty tropical too, at least for 8 months or so out of the year, and I live right next to the sea.. So far, this Damascus Chameleon has been sitting on my shelf and basically untouched for months and it still has no rust on it. I think you'll only need to worry about rust if you put it in a highly corrosive environment, like in salt water...

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I seem to remember somthing about them being sent out with a coat of bees wax or somesuch material to prevent corrosion.

I could be wrong.
Yaesumofo

Hong Kong is actually pretty tropical too, at least for 8 months or so out of the year, and I live right next to the sea.. So far, this Damascus Chameleon has been sitting on my shelf and basically untouched for months and it still has no rust on it. I think you'll only need to worry about rust if you put it in a highly corrosive environment, like in salt water...

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I seem to remember somthing about them being sent out with a coat of bees wax or somesuch material to prevent corrosion.

I could be wrong.
Yaesumofo

That's a possibility, since I never polished the Damascus Chameleon, except to wipe the dust off it once in a while with a cotton cloth...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry to interfere with your thread, but this may help anyone concerned with "rust problems" on your beautiful light.

I`d highly recommend to everyone within shouting distance that you use "Renaissance Wax" on your knives and, where helpful...as with this light...your flashlights.

I`ve been using it for years. It protects like a champ, and once it`s on, you don`t even know it`s on. Really unobtrusive stuff.

Just do an internet search for the "stuff", and you`ll find it. AFAIK, it`s the *Number One* protection that`s available on the market.

Go for it!

:)

Last edited:

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Two Very Special Chameleons - one time price drop

Bump for a price drop on the Damascus Chameleon. If it doesn't sell at this price, then I'm keeping it.. :)

Latest posts