Wobblelight 40,000 Lumens Anyone have one?

Tritium

Enlightened
leprechaun414 said:
I am interested in one of the Wobblelights and wondered if anyone has heard anything about them or if someone has one? It looks like a cool light that could be used for alot of things. I was interested of course in the 400 Watt Metal Halide that states it puts out 40,000 Lumens of light. Anyone?

http://www.wobblelight.com/products.html

I light my 30' X 30' shop with a 1000W metal halide. 125,000 Lumens.

Thurmond

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
DonShock said:
It sits out in the rain and weather 24/7. No problems yet (about 3 months old).

Wow!..no kiddin?

Does it say its ok for outdoors in the instructions? and do you actually have it on in the rain?... there must be a protective globe over the true bulb?

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
windstrings said:
...Does it say its ok for outdoors in the instructions?
I don't know, that would require the day shift guys that bought it to actually SAVE the directions. But since I am the only one who bothers to read them, that doesn't happen very often. If I am lucky, I can sometimes fish them out of the dumpster but I couldn't even find the box this time.

windstrings said:
... and do you actually have it on in the rain?... ?
I only turn the light on for a few minutes around midnight when taking daily tank level readings and so far the weather has been fairly clear so it hasn't actually been raining on me, and the light, yet while it's running. But the winter is just getting started.

windstrings said:
...there must be a protective globe over the true bulb?
Yes, the bulb is spring mounted inside a protective cover / diffuser.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
DonShock said:
Yes, the bulb is spring mounted inside a protective cover / diffuser.

ah, ok.. it looked like it was open straight to air in the picture for ventilation... looks like that fan has to work or else....

But most High Intensity lights are like that.. projectors etc...

jmccalip

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a cool light. I might get a 400watt MH for camping...:laughing: how long do you think it would last on a 35amp/hr battery?

Also:

Q: Is the Wobble Light
weather proof?

A: No. While the Wobble Light will work outdoors and can perform during inclement weather, it is not water tight. It is recommended that a GFCI extension cord be used with the Wobble Light as an added safety measure when using it outdoors or near water.

Illum

Flashaholic
windstrings said:
ah, ok.. it looked like it was open straight to air in the picture for ventilation... looks like that fan has to work or else....

But most High Intensity lights are like that.. projectors etc...

well, that sure ended the water worries, besides the sales literature says the globe is warm to the touch but does not burn you no matter how long its been on :thinking:

jmccalip said:
Looks like a cool light. I might get a 400watt MH for camping...:laughing: how long do you think it would last on a 35amp/hr battery?

Also:

according to http://www.dcacpowerinverters.com/faq.htm#22

on 400 watts through an inverter on a 35 AH 12V battery, the runtime would max out at 52.5 minutes, im assuming a complete discharge...

Since its potentially damaging for lead acids to discharge over 50% i think you only have half of that 35 AH to work with... :thinking:

Someone correct me on this:ohgeez:

Last edited:

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illum_the_nation said:
Since its potentially damaging for lead acids to discharge over 50% i think you only have half of that 35 AH to work with... :thinking:
Someone correct me on this:ohgeez:

Not to mention the weight of Lead Acid.. LiIon would be nice....

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I broke down an ordered the 400 Watt MH today. I found it on Amazon for $136 Shipped after a couple of online discounts and FREE shipping. I thank everyone for their input. I will let everyone know what I think of this when I get it.

blahblahblah

Enlightened
I have 2 of the 400w version. They take the abuse of a construction site. We've lost power to them and it is annoying since they have to cool before you turn them on again. Meanwhile everyone is in the dark for 5-10 minutes.

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I sure can share in the discounts. If you go to Amazon.com and look up Wobblelight you will find one listed for around $191. When you click on it and will have the option of Free shipping that takes off $25. If you order it by I think the end of Nov and enter a code they list, You take off $25 for purchases of $150 or more. I also signed up for the Amazon card and took another $30 off. $136 total was great for a $200 light. I had to get one.

Xe54

Enlightened
NAW said:
400W metal Halide? Man I never heard of such a thing. I thought 100W was about the highest Metal Halides are cabable of going.

Actually they go to over 10000W