Would this work with a SureFire 3P as a conversion?

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Yes, but it's rather sucky with primaries. You get about the same level of light that you did when you used the R30 assembly.

If you use a RCR123A, it's quite good. Not as good as what the E1L with final gen KL1 or the new KX1 gives, but it's useable.

So, I figure that if you use a better module that has a starting voltage of 2.7 volts, using that module plus RCR123A's will give far better performance.

-Steve

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yes, but it's rather sucky with primaries. You get about the same level of light that you did when you used the R30 assembly.

If you use a RCR134A, it's quite good. Not as good as what the E1L with final gen KL1 or the new KX1 gives, but it's useable.

So, I figure that if you use a better module that has a starting voltage of 2.7 volts, using that module plus RCR134A's will give far better performance.

-Steve

Steve, are you meaning RCR123A?

Bill

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Okay - seat of the pants runtime and eyeball brightness so far.

Items: P60L Lamp Assembly in a SureFire 3P. UltraLast R123A (ULCR123R) battery being used - fresh off the charger, 3.7 V measured.

Near KL1 levels for 55 minutes

Useable light so far is 1 hour 30 minutes so far - and it's at the level of the R30 bulb, which was rated at 15 lumens.

If this lasts the way I think it will, I'm looking at a 3 hour runtime with useful light.

-Steve

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Here's the testing that I've done so far.

Test 1:

Everything is done with Mark 1, mod zero eyeball. Batteries used were ULCR123R Rechargables. Lamp assembly is a stock SureFire P60L LED.

Runtime that's bright - 55 minutes. Total runtime (that was useful), 3 hours 22 minutes.

Test 2:

Same thing - but using a slightly used Energizer CR123A (from one of my Inova's that has been sitting around, expiration date of 2010)

Runtime that's about equal to the stock R30 bulb - 4 hours and 3 minutes.

So - with this unscientific test, the P60L lamp assembly seems to work fine with RCR123A's. I can't wait for the KaiDomain unit to arrive.

-Steve