WOW Sunshine at night!!!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by ksbman:
I just put a UCL lens in my TigerLight tonight at work. While out on the ramp working I went to put the light in the ring holder on my belt and missed. The light fell about 3 feet to the concrete and shattered the lens. I bought 2 lenses; hopefully the second will last longer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I find this a little disquieting. I wonder if the boroflote lens (which I believe is the approximate equal of Pyrex) is more resistant to physical shock in addition to thermal shock.

Brightnorm

laynlow

Newly Enlightened
I have not seen a 55mm borofloat lens. The only listed for a TL are the UCL. I installed my UCL yesterday. I'm not going to pretend I can tell a difference in the light transmission when shining the light on objects at ground level, but if I point the light in the air I can now see the spill light V in addition to the sharp spot beam. Overall I like it.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
OK, time for an update.

Three full charge/discharge cycles later, the run time is up to 65 minutes. It's getting better.

I replaced the plastic lense with the UCL and noticed quite a difference - after two full runs the plastic lense was starting to melt in the middle, the glass one isn't.

Time to take a quick run to the store to stock up on some sunblock...

Tom

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom,
If it ever gets to the point you're melting the glass lens, you'll need more than sunblock. :>) TX