• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTS: D25Cvn Ti - The Micro Searchlight

mmander

Newly Enlightened
Re: On Hold, No Stock :-( WTS: The Micro Searchlight (Must Have)

I'm still on "bought".

BUT: Is there any chance to start on LOW?

Especially for an EDC it is a big problem if you start on high.

In 99% cases you will not need the highest mode. (imagine you just want to orientate indoors at night and you don't want to disturb anybody) But when starting on HIGH you immediate kill your night vision. This is a NO GO.

My favourite EDC mode suggestion.

Firefly, low, medium, high. no mem.
Or at least L M H.

+1 !!!!

Otherwise this looks awesome, truly an OMGWTF performer! If it could start on firefly or low, it would make the ultimate EDC. Of course as a "self-defense" light, or just to impress others, starting on high makes more sense. If it is a custom driver, maybe two versions could be offered? Or better yet... with head-tightened have the light go H-M-L-FF and with head loosened, FF-L-M-H? Or even with head tightened have it be H only and FF-L-M (no mode memory) with head loosened? Actually, that is how I have my current stock D25C Ti set up. That would make an extremely versatile light...

Nalhcal741

Newly Enlightened

Vinh,

Can we send D25Cvn V2 for upgrade to V3?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yes. Details will be added to post 1 later.

lumentia

Enlightened

There will be no aluminum version though. The Ti version has a brass insert and this is a big key to getting the most current as I can solder ground to it.

There will be a stock version and a high polished version. I will name the light D25Cvn V3. New custom driver. H-M-L and may be a moonlight, Always starts on H. H will have a ~5 minutes timer before step down to M. Pull 4.5A for ~ 1500 LED Lumen with XPL 5700K. XPL 4000K will be an option. All lights will get solder filled by default for added mass. H will put out an absurd amount of light for something this small. Medium and low is as practical as it gets.

Could you make this light with an xpg2 and the same 4.5 amp driver? Or would 4.5 amps be too much? My d25cvn is already my go to pocket thrower and my (now missing) zebralight h52 is my pocket flooder (I edc both). I can only imagine what my d25cvn would be like with 950 led lumens and some heat sinking.

I dont use my edc thrower for long periods of time on high, just quick scans so heat wouldnt be a deal killer for me.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Could you make this light with an xpg2 and the same 4.5 amp driver? Or would 4.5 amps be too much? My d25cvn is already my go to pocket thrower and my (now missing) zebralight h52 is my pocket flooder (I edc both). I can only imagine what my d25cvn would be like with 950 led lumens and some heat sinking.

I dont use my edc thrower for long periods of time on high, just quick scans so heat wouldnt be a deal killer for me.

Yes I can do XPG2. 4.5A is not too much.

lumentia

Enlightened

Yes I can do XPG2. 4.5A is not too much.
Awesome :) I actually prefer starting on high for a pocket thrower as it will be the light I grab when I need to see a long ways away and having 3 or 4 clicks to get there would be less desirable. If I need to see close I use my pocket flooder.

Last edited:

riverstoneflyfishing

Newly Enlightened

I do believe this will be my 1st Vhin light!
Can I prepay for a polished version?

Buck

cre8ure

Newly Enlightened

OK. Then I am out on this batch. Now you can make somebody else happy! :)

A different "EDC" run will have last mode memory or always start on low.

For this run however is the "Searchlight" and "WOW Show off" version so always start on High is the set up.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

You should send one my way to test :) I'll probably end up buying it hehe.

Have you tested done on and Dedome?

Not sure which I'm interested in yet.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You should send one my way to test :) I'll probably end up buying it hehe.

Have you tested done on and Dedome?

Not sure which I'm interested in yet.

XPL will be kept Dome on and XPG2 will be dedome.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Final price on XPL?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Post 1 now updated with more info

shrick

Newly Enlightened

Sorry, noob question. What are the differences between the XPG2 & XPL leds?

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry, noob question. What are the differences between the XPG2 & XPL leds?
Down and dirty - XP-G2 more lux (throw) per lumen (how much light it produces), but the XPL puts out more lumen. The ~1500 lumen is for the XPL.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit: I told myself I wasn't going to get this, but then I sold 6 lights last night, soooo......hehe.

XPL 5700k for sure, but that's all I know so far.

I'm guessing the pictures in the first post are of the XPL 5700k, dome on?
Have you tried a XPL 5700k dedome yet in this light Vinh?
I might go for the "shiny polished" one, but I'd like to see the two together in a pic before I decide. At your convenience Vinh of course. Thanks. :grin2:

Oh, and I've never seen a Ti with V54 engraving. Can someone point me in the direction of a pic if posted somewhere please?

Last edited:

shrick

Newly Enlightened

Vinh... Just for me to understand the calculations better.

I've looked at the specifications of the XP-L led which states 1079 lumes @ 10W (hope this is the correct specification sheet). If one takes 4.2 volts from the IMR 16340 and multiply by 4.5 amp -> 18.9W. This works out to 2039 lumens [18.9 / 10 * 1079]? You state ~1500 lumens.

Where am I making the calculation error?

If I work backwards, from your ~1500 lumens, I get to a battery voltage of 3.1 volts for the calculation to balance. This is VERY low. Thus, 1500 lumens should come from around 14W [1500 / 1079 * 10W]. With 4.5 amps we'll then need 3.1 volts to get to 14W?

Please point out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks Vinh!

shrick

Newly Enlightened

:takeit: I told myself I wasn't going to get this, but then I sold 6 lights last night, soooo......hehe.

XPL 5700k for sure, but that's all I know so far.

I'm guessing the pictures in the first post are of the XPL 5700k, dome on?
Have you tried a XPL 5700k dedome yet in this light Vinh?
I might go for the "shiny polished" one, but I'd like to see the two together in a pic before I decide. At your convenience Vinh of course. Thanks. :grin2:

Oh, and I've never seen a Ti with V54 engraving. Can someone point me in the direction of a pic if posted somewhere please?

I'm also interested in the specification of the beamshots :) Thanks!

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast

Vinh... Just for me to understand the calculations better.

I've looked at the specifications of the XP-L led which states 1079 lumes @ 10W (hope this is the correct specification sheet). If one takes 4.2 volts from the IMR 16340 and multiply by 4.5 amp -> 18.9W. This works out to 2039 lumens [18.9 / 10 * 1079]? You state ~1500 lumens.

Where am I making the calculation error?

If I work backwards, from your ~1500 lumens, I get to a battery voltage of 3.1 volts for the calculation to balance. This is VERY low. Thus, 1500 lumens should come from around 14W [1500 / 1079 * 10W]. With 4.5 amps we'll then need 3.1 volts to get to 14W?

Please point out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks Vinh!

LEDs have a brightness curve to them if you will; it's not just a straight line on a graph. The harder you push the LED the less increase you get in lumen.