XenErgy 3 in 1 (Nuwai AL-606)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Go back to the flashlightreviews.com and take a look at the Streamlight Twin Task flashlights. They are very similar in appearance to the Nuwai....In fact there is some debate that they are all made in the same factory in China.

chrisse242

Enlightened
There are several on ebay.com right now. (search for AL 606)
Seller goldenpsx is the same as our forum sponsor "golden gadgets" as ar as I know.
Normally, they're cheaper than the streamlights, incan beam is reported to be a little brighter than the twintasks and I'm pretty sure they are manufactured in the same factory. Great, inexpensive light for the car or at home. A little too big to carry though.

Chrisse

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I remember that review when it almost first came out. Later, I bought a few of the Twin Tasks including the 2L which is one of my favorite overall lights.

Looking at the numbers, the 2L SL and the Xenergy has about the same incandescent output but about four TIME as much throw.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Here's a direct comparison:

MODEL…….…….....LGTH …..BZL DIA ……BOD DIA ……WT…….LUMENS/CP<>

Nuwai AL-606…………5 ¾"………….....1 ½"……….1"……….....….6.6oz……..90/10.8 L
Streamlight TT 2L……5 ½"………..1 5/16"………..1"…………..….5.2oz...…..….72 L

The Streamlight's beam is rather weak and not very white. The Nuwai's beam is whiter, more focused and stronger. This comes at the expense of its somewhat larger size and greater weight. Lumen figures are manufacturer's quotes and should be taken with more than one grain of salt

Brightnorm

davidra

Enlightened
Brightnorm, any data on the 306, and does it use a battery carrier for the 3 AAA?

Y

YWLin

Recently I am looking for a led/incandescent flashlight, and this seems good! But the lens and reflector of AL-606 are made by plastic.

Will they melt after a long-term operation using xenon bulb?

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both the Al-606 and the SL TT-2L have lexan lenses. Neither of them should ever get hot enough to bother the lens. If you prefer glass, check out Surefire's A2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif