XeVision ULTRA 85 .... Beamshots

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine 10 minutes ago. All arrived fine. I will try to post pics of the same area and coverage differences between the lx70 head and the superpower head so others can see how the two heads differ shining at the same landscape. I do want to say this. I use a 6000 lumen fenix RC40 as my daily duty light both on and off duty. I use it because it will run about 20 minutes before stepping down due to heat. I have grown accustomed to that one and my other leds getting warm and then real hot when actually used on calls for service.
The other night I went for a walk to the quarry near me. I ran the ultra 85 on low most of the time but switched to high a couple times. I talked to a fisherman on the dock and illuminated the fish for him down to about 15 ft. He thought that was incredible. But what I thought was incredible was that I had run the ultra 85 for 90 minutes continually and it wasn't even warm, at all. I had forgotten just how much better the hid was for heat management than leds are. I am a believer for life. By the way when the Fed Ex guy was fumbling around with my box as he wanted me to sign for it, I warned him that what was in the box was dam expensive. When I told him it was flashlight parts he was stunned. I simply told him, You ought to see the light!"

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
All 4 packages have been delivered now.
"Mission complete".

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Sled, I got to play with that super-high quality beast about a month ago. By far the craziest, most expensive thrower I'm likely to ever hold. In fact, it was my first HID, and also my first real thrower of any kind. What an introduction!!!

Anyone have something even more insane for the next meet-up? LOL

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Sled, I got to play with that super-high quality beast about a month ago. By far the craziest, most expensive thrower I'm likely to ever hold. In fact, it was my first HID, and also my first real thrower of any kind. What an introduction!!!

Anyone have something even more insane for the next meet-up? LOL

Sell the Beamer and buy a SuperPower my man!!! :D:cool:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
toolboy, please call me: phone number on the website, I can give you all the details.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next week we will have 2 ea XV-LX70 units available, one of which can be configured as a Superpower (could be purchased with 2 heads a standard 70 head size and a superpower head as well). The heads are easily swapped.
We can also provide the only 1 remaining unsold ULTRA (~10,000 Lumens VERY well focused) 40/85 watt (unit numbered 5/10) only 10 numbered units were made and 9 of them were sold a year ago. One additional (out of the 10) was sold unnumbered as requested by the buyer.
This is the final ULTRA 40/85 that will EVER be made available, it's from the original special run a year ago, it can be configured as using a standard 70 head or the superpower head. There will not be made any more 40/85 watt ballasts. This is the last opportunity for a new ULTRA 85 to be purchased.
Note: We only have 1 superpower head in stock, once its gone some months will pass before we would acquire another superpower head.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
See this link for the thread a year ago: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...-SIGN-UP-NOW&p=5192108&viewfull=1#post5192108

Next week we will have 2 ea XV-LX70 units available, one of which can be configured as a Superpower (could be purchased with 2 heads a standard 70 head size and a superpower head as well). The heads are easily swapped.
We can also provide the only 1 remaining unsold ULTRA (~10,000 Lumens VERY well focused) 40/85 watt (unit numbered 5/10) only 10 numbered units were made and 9 of them were sold a year ago. One additional (out of the 10) was sold unnumbered as requested by the buyer.
This is the final ULTRA 40/85 that will EVER be made available, it's from the original special run a year ago, it can be configured as using a standard 70 head or the superpower head. There will not be made any more 40/85 watt ballasts. This is the last opportunity for a new ULTRA 85 to be purchased.
Note: We only have 1 superpower head in stock, once its gone some months will pass before we would acquire another superpower head.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 ea XV-LX70 units available, we can provide the only 1 remaining unsold ULTRA (~10,000 Lumens VERY well focused) 40/85 watt (unit numbered 5/10) only 10 numbered units were made and 9 of them were sold a year ago.
This is the final (#5/10) ULTRA 40/85 that will EVER be made available, it's from the original special run a year ago. There will not be any more 40/85 watt ballasts. This is an opportunity for the last ULTRA 85 to be purchased.

We have very recently had strong interest from 2 different Australian CPF buyers but no commitment has been made yet on the last ULTRA 85 to be offered.

Last edited:

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
We recently sold another standard XV-LX70 but still have the remaining Ultra 85 (see above) in stock. With the spare standard 50/70 body we also have, it can be reconfigured back to a standard unit, or alternatively sold that way as well.
So, 1 unit currently in stock offered as a standard unit or as an Ultra 85.
Once that's gone we will proceed to prepare another batch of a few standard units in our stock.

Last edited:

Rasher

Enlightened
Per PM - looks like you got DNS hacked temporarily: Had same drug sales site testing from another location & PC later that night, all is fine today.

Glad to see you are all good!

R

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Per PM - looks like you got DNS hacked temporarily: Had same drug sales site testing from another location & PC later that night, all is fine today.
Glad to see you are all good! R

Glad for that correction of a temporary problem to access our website.
Also glad to hear in your PM that you are having a "Hoot" with your ULTRA-85