XTAR rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries’ low-voltage detection function

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Some people tried out many rechargeable 1.5V Li-ion batteries on the market. They told there is a big one of the characteristics of some to go from 1.5V flat horizontal output line, directly to straight vertical line drop too low instantly, without warning when the batteries runs out. Then the devices will also just suddenly stop working with no warning.

For this shortcoming, we have made improvement on xtar 1.5V Li-ion batteries. There are low-voltage detection function on these batteries. That means, when the capacity of the xtar 1.5V Li-ion battery is within 5%-100%, the battery can keep stable & constant 1.5V output. If its capacity is less than 5%, the battery voltage drops to around 1.1V. Then your devices will remind you of power out, if it has a lower battery reminder function (such as smart doorlock). And you may also find the change after voltage drop. For example, if you use these batteries in a AA/AAA flashlights, the lighting would be dim when the power is used up. And users can charge them timely. So this function avoids devices shutdown without warning.

How do you think of this low-voltage detection function? ;-)

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I indicated when announced some time in '22 (?), I agree that this is a major and significant advancement in cells utilizing this SMPS 'regulated' technology (and apparently(?) is still unique in this category. I still await only the aforementioned (in this forum section) specifications before placing an order for some to try. I look forward to that!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along with specs, I will wait to order from illum Supply in SJ, when they stock the cells

Btw, How are the newly upgraded cells identified, compared to the old?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Along with specs, I will wait to order from illum Supply in SJ, when they stock the cells

Btw, How are the newly upgraded cells identified, compared to the old?
My distributor of choice stocks these, but not this newer type with this new (very desirable) feature, but perhaps there's hope they will. Note that they do have a 'spec / data sheet' for the ones they're selling, so maybe when they stock the new type (I hope), it too will have some specs provided.