Your suggestions for next Surfire LED? Does the madness ever end?

Niconical

Enlightened
Generic808

In your picture, posted above, what is the light second from right?

Thanks.

Talas

Newly Enlightened
The detonator is a terrific addition and really improves the handling of the light. In addition to the responses above, I'd add add an E2DL, L2, L4, and an Aviator to your collection... It's bad enough to have this addiction, but what's worse is the mental anguish and embarrassment of deciding what light to bring with you for a simple walk in the park, and you end up bringing your top five or six newest lights... then get stopped by a police officer because of "suspicious behavior" (you naturally seek out the darkest part of the park and from a distance, people see flashes of light pointing in all sorts of directions)... Ha! Misery loves company so welcome to the club!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone confirm if this is a good extender for my C2?

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1102

Are there better ones out there?
The quality of TnC parts is outstanding. They also make extensions without the finger grips.

Surefire makes their own 1xCR123A extender (they call it the A19 adapter), but I don't recall if it's available in HA natural - may only be black.

There's also the cheap (black only) extender from G&P that's all over eBay, but every time I see it mentioned here, someone responds that the quality sucks.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant believe I'm asking this but... are there any upgrades for the M6 similar to the Malkoffs? :devil:

I'm not sure if at this point I can justify the runtimes/lumens (500 lms for only 20 mins is TORTURE!) for the $400 price tag even though with a light like the M6 its not just about the power...
This lamp will allow you to run on rechargeables instead of primaries. I don't recall if it's actually brighter than the Surefire MN21 lamp, but the claimed runtime is longer.

fivemega makes a lamp assembly that accepts G4 bi-pin bulbs. He's also made adapters for running 3x17670 or 2x"C" cells. There are a number of inexpensive G4 bulb options that then offer greater output and/or longer runtimes with these set-ups.

A few modders have made LED tower modules that will fit in the M6, like this. They aren't nearly as bright, but have great runtime.

There are also modders on the board who can do something like this.

generic808

Enlightened
Generic808

In your picture, posted above, what is the light second from right?

Thanks.

Nick,

Now what have I created of you? I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize in advance for infecting you with the Surefire Virus (SFV). At this time, the only cure known to mankind is to buy more and more Surefire's when syptoms flare up :twothumbs

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The quality of TnC parts is outstanding. They also make extensions without the finger grips.

Surefire makes their own 1xCR123A extender (they call it the A19 adapter), but I don't recall if it's available in HA natural - may only be black.

There's also the cheap (black only) extender from G&P that's all over eBay, but every time I see it mentioned here, someone responds that the quality sucks.

Thanks for the information - greatly appreciated!

Just spent 10 mins searching but can't find a picture of the HA C2 with the TnC detonator... Does anyone know where I can find a picture of this?

Also, can anyone comment on the HA color match for the TnC with the C2?

Thanks!

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
Well it seems as though you have yet to experience an M series incandescent light. In my opinion your LED purchases have you covered until the new U2's. For now you need to know what Surefires high intensity incandescent/shock isolated lights are all about. M6 sounds good to me...haha.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, can anyone comment on the HA color match for the TnC with the C2?
Sorry, mine are black.

I have a few HA natural TnC pieces (E2C adapters), and they're within the range of the Surefire anodizing. Surefires's hardly the standard for consistent anodizing (that's not intended as a knock against them - no one does this that well). I don't think any of the multi-piece Surefire heads or bezels I have (E1E, E2E, KL1, KL4, etc) are consistent piece-to-piece.