Your suggestions for next Surfire LED? Does the madness ever end?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, from what started as just a thoughtful gift for my son has turned into a rather extensive addiction... and it hasn't even been 2 months!

It all started with purchasing a SF L1 cree (thanks to the advice from all of you) - I got so hooked that I wound up buying myself an L1 and another Surfire, the E2DL, for my son.

Being so impressed with his E2DL, I just had to buy one for myself.

Endless hours on these forums drove me to my next purchase, the E1B, which now I am in the process of getting an E2DL tailcap for.

My latest binge has been on Malkoffs - I just ordered the M60L and M60. This naturally lead me to finding the perfect "hosts." One will be the HA C2 Centurion that I ordered from Battery Junction last night and I am still looking for another, which brings me to asking in this post:

At this point all my lumen needs are more than filled but... what Surefire should be next? I am thinking that my collection isn't complete without the a SF classic, the 6P... Thoughts?

Mea culpa, I can't see this stopping anytime soon - the Optimus and Invictus pretty much guarantee this.

Does the madness ever end??? :duh2:

Last edited:

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL

This is exactly why I stuck with AA lights. I'm glad SureFire doesn't make any AA lights. Then my wallet would catch fire and burn to a crisp.

This is an addiction, much like beer or cigarettes. It should come with a warning label - these are not good for your wallet's health.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I have the Malkoff M60 in my 6PL and I love it. I'm thinking of getting the SF A19 so I can and a extra battery. Maybe you should go with the 9P.

Retinator

Enlightened
OMG you STARTED in the deep end of flashaholism?
Most of us go from M@g's and work our way up.

I hope your house is paid for :)
Enjoy your lights! And welcome to the brightest part of the planet, where shadows fear to tread.

pipspeak

Enlightened
with the optimus and/or invictus I cannot see why anyone would want another light. They have everything I would ever need... except perhaps the ability to take AA batteries.

I guess that means I'm not yet a true flashaholic. :sssh:

yzfmik

Newly Enlightened
I am about to order the E1B, what is the advantage of the E2DL tailcap?

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
It also makes the relatively smooth body more easy to hold and just has a killer "look" to it...

Thanks for the responses so far - I was going to get the C3 over the C2 but wasn't too keen on the proportions... Besides I figure that if I need an extra cell I can just use a detonator.

Maybe the next step is sending my E1B or L1 out for modding... :naughty:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
One with a gun attached to it.

Oh wait, you're in New York ... sorry :grin2:

It is such a royal pain - I've looked into getting a permit a few times now but just get so frustrated w/ the excessive process :mad:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point all my lumen needs are more than filled but...
You'll get a good chuckle from that statement in about a month.

what Surefire should be next? I am thinking that my collection isn't complete without the a SF classic, the 6P... Thoughts?
Sounds like you're well on your way down the slipperly slope to an M6.

I'd still recommend a U2. Even with its "outdated" emitter, it's a fantastic light, and there's lots of good deals to be found now.

And there's always the Titan.

Mea culpa, I can't see this stopping anytime soon - the Optimus and Invictus pretty much guarantee this.

Does the madness ever end???
Nope. :devil:

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll get a good chuckle from that statement in about a month.

Sounds like you're well on your way down the slipperly slope to an M6.

I'd still recommend a U2. Even with its "outdated" emitter, it's a fantastic light, and there's lots of good deals to be found now.

And there's always the Titan.

See I know as soon as I'm settled and just waiting for the UB/UA2 the next round of Malkoffs or other high output LEDs will be here to taunt me - I'm already assuming that as Gene's Ms are discounted can only mean he's paving the way for something new...?

Regarding the Titan and M6 - as down the rabbit hole as I am, for some reason I can't YET justify breaking the $300 mark for a single light... I think its a mental barrier that I am glad I have... But we shall see how long it lasts :mecry:

generic808

Enlightened
Since you've already have an E and L, with a C on the way, it's only natural you jump to the M's. Perhaps an M6 :devil: Or maybe an M4, or M3, or C3KT2?! The list goes on and on and on and on...

It really never does end :eek:

IMG_2972a-1.jpg

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant believe I'm asking this but... are there any upgrades for the M6 similar to the Malkoffs? :devil:

I'm not sure if at this point I can justify the runtimes/lumens (500 lms for only 20 mins is TORTURE!) for the $400 price tag even though with a light like the M6 its not just about the power...

m16a

Enlightened
I cant believe I'm asking this but... are there any upgrades for the M6 similar to the Malkoffs? :devil:

I'm not sure if at this point I can justify the runtimes/lumens (500 lms for only 20 mins is TORTURE!) for the $400 price tag even though with a light like the M6 its not just about the power...

If milkyspit hasn't concocted anything like that, I'm sure he'd be able to and that it would kick some serious butt...

If you want the madness to continue along to the next step(which is will eventually, it never ends to matter what) I'd look here.

Don't shoot me for that though. just thank me later:whistle:

torpeau

Newly Enlightened
Does the madness ever end??? :duh2:

I know what you mean. In the last year, I bought 6 or 8 LED flashlights. Then I discovered this forum last week and learned that most of those were day-before-yesterday's technology.

I won't tell you how many FL I now have on order -- would be too embarrassed . Most are coming via mail, but if any are thru UPS, I'll have to be ready to run out to meet the truck. Not especially interested in my wife's finding out about the addiction.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most are coming via mail, but if any are thru UPS, I'll have to be ready to run out to meet the truck. Not especially interested in my wife's finding out about the addiction.

Words can't express how happy I am with the "covertness" that paypal allows for. As for dealing with the mailman, the packages come to my office ;)