• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF: LED_ASAP Lux I-modded ARC AAA

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is an ARC AAA that LED_ASAP modded with a Lux I emitter. It is his '400 mA' build which I assume is how much current it draws from the battery, not what it sends to the emitter. The light itself is in good, carried condition... there are no major cuts or scrapes, but it has typical wear marks on the high portions of the edges... basically the HAIII has stood up very well.

The light is about as bright as a stock Inova X5T with about twice the throw. There is a greenish tint to the beam as was standard with a large number of lux lights built when this one way. The beam is squarish, sort of like a KL3 but with a much wider beam.

This will run on alkaline cells, but they won't last long... I've used it exclusively with NiMH cells per LED_ASAP's recommendations. At the time, he recommended the Ray-O-Vac 800mAh cells by name so that's what I went with but since getting some of the Energizer 850mAh cells, I've been using them. With the Energizer cells, I get about an hour and 40 minutes runtime.

I don't know much about the circuit design he used, but I assume it is constant current as the light seems to stay the same brightness, then it starts flashing for about a minute or two, then goes into a moon mode for what seems like a long time.

At the time, I think he charged $85 for the mod, plus the host which was $35-$40. I'll part with it for $60 shipped or I'll include the 2-cell Ray-O-Vac charger and two Ray-O-Vac 800mAh cells for an additional $10 and no extra shipping. I'll accept CC or cash paypal with no additional fee.

Edit - dropped the price $5. I'd take a ORB RAW (esp with 2 stage) or Streamlight TL-3 as a trade or partial trade. ORB doesn't have to be in perfect condition and cash can go either way depending on what you have.

Edit - dropped price again to $60. This will be the final price drop on this light. Trade interests still stand.

Light is SOLD PENDING FUNDS.

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: LED_ASAP Lux I-modded ARC AAA

I currently have the light on this unique chromed twisty thing which works well on my keychain (seen in the background) or on a standard split ring keychain. It is well attached, but can be removed easily if you prefer to use something else... But I tried several methods and this is definately what worked best for me.

IMG_1662a.JPG

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another pic taken just a couple weeks ago. This one might show some imperfection that might make a difference to the buyer and reminds us that this was originally one of the Limited Edition ARCs.

IMG_1817a.jpg

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump with a price drop and trade considerations.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still available for now... thanks for the offers though.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

what's that other light.. the head looks weird... (not weird bad lol)

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a Peak AAA light in HAIII Nat. This one has three high power red LEDs... I think all the multi LED Peaks AAAs have that extra height thing of the head.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast

ohhh, i thought it was some crazy modded arc head! lol

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast

Final price drop... $60 shipped or $70 shipped with the charger and the 2 NiMH cells.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledvador and baylisstic, thanks for the offers, and I appreciate the line forming, but the light is completely sold to another member for sure... paypal received and everything.

wink2.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is pretty cool, isn't it?

It came on a fairly expensive ($25 or $30, I think) BMW keyring back when I had my last BMW. I have seen them on keychains on eBay as well... usually when the splitring is very thick and the fob is heavy.

I really like it and if I ever carry a similar light on my keychain again, I'll track down another piece but I'm sending this one to the new owner.