plumbing help plaese

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well this day sucked.ok i had a stoped up drain in kitchen i tryied that draino stuff i tried hot water a plunger etc etc. .well finaly i stated to take plubing apart under sink i found like a bunch a straws in there i supsect they made the sink clog after time .i for one never use a straw and sure wont put em ina darn sink.well anyways the part that i guess ya call the kitchen drain also broke looks like the instaler bent it to make it fit and made it weak i mean the part that come from bottme a sink its the main drain like one opening is like 3 and half inches and the bottem is like 1 inch or so across for the plubing it broke where the plubing size is the part the plubing screws on to broke off..ok how cheap is that part also since when they installed all the j pipes and etc etc or u pipes what ever there called they didnt measure corect are them pipes cheap?and how cheap are they?there pvc but some have odd ends on em.looks like there used to be garbage dipsosal but its gone now and has been since i got here.

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plumbing parts are pretty cheap...I used to work at Lowe's...take all your messed up parts there and see if they can get you fixed up...they can probably tell you what you need -- I didn't work in plumbing (worked in tools) but people did this all the time.

Good luck...

JM-99

raggie33

*the raggedier*
rofl i already did a raggie im washing my cast iron pan i here all this water noise after i turn off water:awman: man what a mess

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Oh raggie, sorry to hear about your plumbing problems - but gotta tell you, you still make me smile!

Hope it works out for you sooner than later!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Jumpmaster said about taking it to Lowes (or Home Depot) or a mom and pop hardware store.

PVC plumbing is easy to work with. You should be just fine.

When you bought your house, did you get a "homeowner's warranty" with it? Your real estate agent can tell you. That would generally take care of something like this for a minimal trip charge.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty everyone going in the am to lowes or homedept not sure which one yet.i may hard wire plumbing in there with pvc glue i dont like the nuts pvc use i cant realy understand how they stay together with them nuts seems like that plastic dohicky will just slide down the pipe and off as ya tighten em.bad thing is i have to by a hacksaw and some kinda tool for that big ole 4 inch nut that holdss drain in sink i dont have big chanel locks.good news is im got my electric down to 7 kw per day.so my electric should be cheaper but gas is still 40 lol thats a lot for hot water

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Don't over tighten PVC pipe. Remeber that it is plastic, so if you are using big channel locks to do it, you may mess up the threads.

The pvc glue is interesting. I took a building construction class in high school, and the teacher explained to me how it works. The glue makes a chemical reaction with the pipe, and actually melts the pipe a little. They two pieces then are bonded together, and are really one piece since they are fused together!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
all fixed man there is many difence in price i got a plastic drain it was 5 bucks compared to some of the fancy metal ones that wehre like 90 bucks i also had to get the pipeing which was kinda in kits but non that where made for my setup cause my drain to house plumbing was pretty far down from sink .i also did away with the p trap for the far sink do to i didnt see why it needed to i figure one per sink since they both go to same place. i had leak at first cause i forgot to put this thing betwen drain and pipe some kinda flanged gasket but i now have paper under sink and no more leaks on paper cost me 50 bucks in parts but i also had to by a hack saw and some kinda weird tool.and a new thingy for toliet

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
all fixed man there is many difence in price i got a plastic drain it was 5 bucks compared to some of the fancy metal ones that wehre like 90 bucks i also had to get the pipeing which was kinda in kits but non that where made for my setup cause my drain to house plumbing was pretty far down from sink .i also did away with the p trap for the far sink do to i didnt see why it needed to i figure one per sink since they both go to same place. i had leak at first cause i forgot to put this thing betwen drain and pipe some kinda flanged gasket but i now have paper under sink and no more leaks on paper cost me 50 bucks in parts but i also had to by a hack saw and some kinda weird tool.and a new thingy for toliet

Glad you were able to fix it! Good job!

JM-99

jeep44

Newly Enlightened
P-traps are there to prevent sewer gases from entering your house. Every sink and/or drain needs one.If you do not have one between the drain pipe and the sink, you will soon be getting a whiff of that gas. The small amount of water contained in each trap acts as a gas seal. Often the floor drains in a basement dry up, and then you will get that sewer smell in the basement. just pour a cup of water into each one to get rid of it.

/pipefitter

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
jeep44 said:
P-traps are there to prevent sewer gases from entering your house. Every sink and/or drain needs one.If you do not have one between the drain pipe and the sink, you will soon be getting a whiff of that gas. The small amount of water contained in each trap acts as a gas seal. Often the floor drains in a basement dry up, and then you will get that sewer smell in the basement. just pour a cup of water into each one to get rid of it.

/pipefitter

ditto. It is much better to have one. Your room will start to smell a little weird, a little musty maybe. They probably don't cost that much too.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have one both sinks go to ame drain i have one at the end of both sinks before they drain to sewer