LED for the E2D with Strike Bezel?

a99raptors

Enlightened
Hi everyone! Just joined up at CPF and its nice to know that I am not the only guy that goes nuts everytime a new Surefire is in town!

Was wondering if any of you have any idea of a way to customize an E2D to an LED module while maintaining the strike bezel. Basically, the most important features of the light would be a high-output LED, small size and impact weapon.

Oh by the way, are the G&P LED replacement modules any good? Been thinking of converting my G2 to an LED head. The lightweight Nitrolon body just feels so good sometimes.

:thanks:

Thanks!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome To CPF!!!
I do not know of any drop-in LED mods for the Executive platform(E2e, E2d).

I believe there is a aftermarket strike attachment, similar but more aggressive, for the Surefire L4 Lumamax. I don't know what it is actually called or where to get one.

Lastly, the G&P 3W and 5W Luxeon LED drop-ins for the G2/6P are fantastic! Well worth the money. And because they are regulated, you can use a Pila 3.7v 168s rechargeable Lithion Ion cell with them. You will find yourself looking for reasons to use the G2/G&P LED drop-in/Pila 168s or SF123 lithium combination. I got my 3W LED drop-in and Pila cells from http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/ Here are reviews of each G&P:

http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/gp_p60lux3.htm
http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/gp_p60lux5.htm

Enjoy your addiction!!! (I mean hobby.)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

You could put the "strike bezel" ring from an E2d onto a KL4 bezel...
It would be a "modification" and not supported by SureFire that I'm aware of but the bezel rings are interchangeable and others have done it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Or how about an L2-Porcupine?

P135.jpg

a99raptors

Enlightened
Wohoo! The Porcupine looks cool!! How'd cha get it anyway?

Checked out lighthound, and they did suggest something near to what I want, though bigger. That was to replace the bezel with a step up adapter and then drop in a G&P replacement module, then add a strike bezel.. Sounds good. I already own an L2 and E2D, so how exactly do you exchange the bezels? Those things look tight....

Anyway, here is a picture that lighthound sent me....

Step-Up_BKonE2D.jpg

By the way, thanks to all for input!

Last edited:

shaman

Newly Enlightened
Just saw this on lambda's website

"IMS 17mm reflector in a SureFire E1e with ring adapter"...

http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/news.htm

A MiniPro in a E2D bezel, on a VitalGear FB-1 body... Small little pocket punch rocket?

Anyways, it would be nice if it would work. I haven't had a chance to email lambda about it though so don't take my word for it. (I hope I am correct though, would be a nice light to have).

Sincerely,

Shaman

SIERRA

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I'm new to this forum, and I must say that it's great that there are so many like minded people around!!

I would like to ask how does one change the bezels between the KL4 and the E2D? Do you simply unscrew them?

Also another question, can the focusing lens of the KL1 be used with the KL4 head?

The idea being to use the 5 watt LED with the focusing lens of the KL1 with the striking bezel of the E2D.

Thanks !!!!

firefly99

Enlightened
I am trying to do this. Had taken a E1E lamp and break the glass bulb and drill away from white stuff. It is ready to house an LED. Have not purchase an LED yet.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
SIERRA said:
I would like to ask how does one change the bezels between the KL4 and the E2D? Do you simply unscrew them?

Also another question, can the focusing lens of the KL1 be used with the KL4 head?
Thanks !!!!

You'll need heat (boil in the bag or other) and probably a strap wrench to get the bezel rings off.

I've never heard of a "focusing lens" on a KL1 and I've got 3 of the 4 generations.

-LT

SIERRA

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys

Thanks for the info!! Hmm..... heat the bezel, is this due to some adhesive that SF used? This´ll be required for the KL4 bezel as well, ya?

Thanks again!!

Shirley

Newly Enlightened
G&P 3W and 5W Luxeon LED drop-ins for the G2/6P are fantastic! ... you can use a Pila 3.7v 168s rechargeable Lithion Ion cell with them.

Awesome! Will they work in an E2e? I, um, think I blew my bulb when I tried to see if my 3.7 rechargeables would drive it.

John

ScottyJ

Enlightened
GG&G makes a knarly tacticial impact device (TID) that can fit on many surefires. I don't know about the L4, check the website. I have one on a C3 and I can tell you I would not want to be hit by it. It is much sharper than the E2D. They are very well made.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I think the problem with some of the aftermarket strike bezels is that with the pointed triangular teeth, they break the "plausible denial" envelope should you find yourself in an overly PC envrionment.

Flashlights with crenelated bezels are becoming common for the purpose of not leaving them on (or even burning things) if left on while set bezel down. The E2D has those same scalloped shape, they're just a bit longer.

My main question is that the E2D came out when LED's were already in SureFire's stable. If the light is marketed with the express intent of being able to use it as a last ditch striking implement or a kutoban, why didn't they release it with an LED in the first place?