Matterhorn flickering

bpfsu

Newly Enlightened
Are the Peak LED Matterhorn's threads part of the electrical pathway?
Every few times I turn mine on, it flickers or doesn't show at its full brightness. I lubed up the threads and gasket pretty good with some Silicone plumber's grease, so I'm wondering if I'm interfering with the flow of electricity. Anybody had this experience or have any ideas?

BP

Grubbster

Enlightened
Yep, the threads are conductive. You have probably insulated the ground path. Try cleaning the threads and just lubeing the o ring. If that stops the flickering, that is your problem. You may want to locate some conductive lube. You can find it on ebay.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may also try cleaning the + and - contacts on the light with a pencil eraser. If the eraser turns black sand it on fine sandpaper and repeat until the eraser stays clean. Roughing up the contacts of the cell on course cotton can't hurt either.

bpfsu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try. On a side note, what exactly would qualify as 'coarse' cotton?

BP

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
bpfsu said:
Thanks for the input, I'll give it a try. On a side note, what exactly would qualify as 'coarse' cotton?

BP
The leg of a pair of denim jeans would be a good example. If they have been worn for a day or two they will work even better as there will be a little dirt in the cloth which will make it a little more abrasive.