HDS 60 vs Peak CPF Special. Which is brighter?

onthebeam

Enlightened
Now that we're starting to receive the just released Peak CPF Special, does anyone have a comparison to the HDS?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
how does it compare to Surefire E1l?

-David

Last edited:

redduck

Newly Enlightened
According to the other post it's slightly brighter than U60 at max. Falshlightreviews rated Amilite at around 50 lumens, and one of the posts stated peak cpf special is Noticeablely brighter than Amilite. So it's safe to say peak is a >60lumens light.

aceo07

Enlightened
I hope flashlightreviews reviews one soon. I'd be curious to see how it performs.

I also hope that Peak gets a better camera or photographer. The photos are blurry and no shutter speed info or anything.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
When in doubt, follow the CPF philosophy...buy them both! :naughty:

Last edited:

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any additional user comments now that more of these are out there? :)

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
I have only had my Peak CPF Special a couple days. Playing with it out in the woods the beam reached much further up into the trees than I thought it would. I also just got the Amilite NeoT3 and the Peak CPF throws much better than the Amilite. Comparing these two indoors the Amilite has a slightly bigger and slightly brighter spillbeam but the Peak CPF has a much brighter hotspot. The Peak CPF has a very slight yellowish tint and the Amilite has a very slight blueish tint. Both of these lights have slightly smaller but much brighter spillbeam and hotspot than my Fenix L1P. In a comparison of all three lights. The Peak has the best throw. The Amilite is the smallest and is thus the easiest to carry in a pocket. The Fenix is the lowest priced and has the best beam for closeup work. The Fenix and the Peak both have the advantage of free lumens using rechargeable batteries. I am faced with a very serious problem. Which one of these three lights is going to be my EDC?
jc

colubrid

Enlightened
jclarksnakes said:
I have only had my Peak CPF Special a couple days. Playing with it out in the woods the beam reached much further up into the trees than I thought it would. I also just got the Amilite NeoT3 and the Peak CPF throws much better than the Amilite. Comparing these two indoors the Amilite has a slightly bigger and slightly brighter spillbeam but the Peak CPF has a much brighter hotspot. The Peak CPF has a very slight yellowish tint and the Amilite has a very slight blueish tint. Both of these lights have slightly smaller but much brighter spillbeam and hotspot than my Fenix L1P. In a comparison of all three lights. The Peak has the best throw. The Amilite is the smallest and is thus the easiest to carry in a pocket. The Fenix is the lowest priced and has the best beam for closeup work. The Fenix and the Peak both have the advantage of free lumens using rechargeable batteries. I am faced with a very serious problem. Which one of these three lights is going to be my EDC?
jc

Since I already have 3 Fenix's and one Peak CPF why don't I trade you some or my snakes for your Amilite.:buddies: Ha Ha HA!.. I know, I know, you are a boid man.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
jclarksnakes said:
jc

depends on what your preference is. I would like to have a powerful light as an EDC, so I would go with amilite, but if you prefer throw to spill, use Peak. The L1P is nice a thin, so I would just use that as a secondary EDC.

-David